• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Walbro FRC-10

ghostrider500

Always stirrin' the pot
Reaction score
My FRC-10 gave up the ghost and I'm having a hard time finding a replacement that isn't special order with a long lead time. Does anybody know of a place? I don't run the truck alot so not real keen on spending a bunch of money on an entire new(insert brand here) setup.

IIRC, Carter is (or at least, was) the near drop-in replacement. Not sure if it still is as I am not seeing it on Leroy's site.
That's the system I got from Leroy, I too went into his website and did not see the Carter lift pump with the harness system.
You might contact Leroy and see what He is now using for a LP.

That's the system I got from Leroy, I too went into his website and did not see the Carter lift pump with the harness system.
You might contact Leroy and see what He is now using for a LP.

Yes, looks like I need to contact him on possible replacements. Not seeing much out on the web and most have long lead times. Thanks for the replies.

Kit for our trucks.

Mounting location won't work for some, though. Mine would be inside the frame rail, if I did one. The kit sounds like a good solution if it's the pump that whines that dad has on his Duramax. The Walbro I have knocks so bad, it has interior parts vibrating at the same resonance as the pump, even with vibration isolators.

Looks like the model has been replaced by the FRB-11 - In Stock here: https://walbrofuelpumps.com/frb-11.html

Deadhead Pressure: 42 to 56 kPa (6.0 to 8.0 psi) is listed for several models and I suggest in error. Call Walbro to be sure.

My FRC-10 gave up due to bad fuel, but, the FRB-5 outlived the truck!

The above referenced site also gives us an idea of why there is a "life difference" on the pumps.

The FRC-10 is only rated for
Continuous duty life (diesel fuel): >10000 hrs

FRB Continuous duty life (diesel fuel): >18000 hrs

Also:

FR pumps will produce an audible clicking sound when cycling. FRA and FRC pumps will run at a constant rate (fixed frequency), regardless of the fuel flow rate. FRB and FRD pumps will slow their cycling as the fuel flow rate drops.

Last edited:
Leroy stop warranting the Carter lift pump several months ago. If I remember right he said that pump ain’t as good as it used to be so that might be why he don’t have them on his site anymore.

mines less than a year old and it only idles at 7lbs now and if I stay in the throttle for a little bit itll go to zero and stay there like the pump ain’t strong enough to keep up anymore. I know it’s not a filter or air problem.

Leroy stop warranting the Carter lift pump several months ago. If I remember right he said that pump ain’t as good as it used to be so that might be why he don’t have them on his site anymore.

mines less than a year old and it only idles at 7lbs now and if I stay in the throttle for a little bit itll go to zero and stay there like the pump ain’t strong enough to keep up anymore. I know it’s not a filter or air problem.
OH MY, I hope the Carter pump on My truck holds up. I dont know how old it is, about a year, give or take some and it still holds at 11 PSI under load.

Thought about it, but I don't have the original mounting bracket anymore and I do have a prefilter setup in there already.

I did order the frb-11 and installed it today. Its definitely pushing out some serious fuel, but its eerie that it only runs when and how hard it needs to. I was under the truck checking for leaks with the truck running and I put my hand on the pump and it felt like it was pulsing like a heartbeat. Kind of creepy. It also was not nearly as loud as the frc at initial start up.

Do you have a gauge to monitor while driving?

No, I don't, but think I will mount one because I want to make sure I'm getting consistent good pressure throughout the power band. I can put one drawing off the top of the motor fuel filter, right? Although I do have the newer filter that has the cap integrated into the filter so there is no filter ring. Wondering if that would cause gauge mounting problems.

The vent on the filter would measure pressure going into the ffm. That is definitely better than nothing, but the preference is right at the ip inlet. My next set up will use electric gauge, two sensors. One at ffm inlet and the other at ip inlet. Just a switch from flips from one to the other. Then I know good pressure at ip, and when the filter is plugged up causing resistance so the filter needs changed.

The small screen is to catch the bigger stuff and the filter gets the small stuff. Not being there just means anything larger gets caught between the pleats and messes with filter life a bit. I know many people remove it for better flow. I prefer keep it and use better lift pump. Wether it is there or not wouldn’t matter if measured at the ip.

Back