• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Viper Remote Start and lock/unlock system

Reaction score
My buddy has a spare viper remote start/lock/unlock that he's trading me for time im helping to put in on his porsche. Has anyone ever installed one of these systems on their truck, and how easy was it?

Run it completely separate of the trucks harness. Alarm systems are the #1 way to destroy a truck's harnesses. Viper has been around forever- they were new back when I was cool. You need model number to track down which ones to avoid.

There was the remains of an aftermarket alarm/start system spliced into various underdash harnesses on my Burb when I got it. Intermittent Cruise not working/disengaging was traced back to a module T-tapped into the brake switch circuit.

Living here where we get real winters, the thought of remote start has always appealed to me, but the interfacing of an aftermarket remote start system with a diesel's need to activate the glowplugs and also WTS accordingly leaves my leary of finding a system that will work correctly.

Back