• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vegetable Gardens

If you can find some concrete wire mesh, you can make taller cages.

Cut wire mesh 5' 6" long, butt the straight edges to make a 5' circumference cage. Use the 6" long straights to connect the ends.

We were short and bought some from another local this year. He made his 1 or 2 squares bigger in circumference.

We didn't like those near as well. Even though they aren't that much bigger diameter, they still take more room and are just a tad harder to reach into the center for the tomatoes.

Your pictures don't look bad to me.
I'd just keep pinching the bad leaves and throwing them away. Maybe give them a little treatment.

If you can get hooked up with a concrete guy, you might be able to get cutoffs. We always just through them in the concrete and covered them up. Just so we didn't have to do anything else with them.

We use them for cucumbers also.

The pointy tomatoes are a paste/ sauce tomato called Granadero. Not much moisture in them so great for canning/ less water to cook down for preserving

The beefsteak varieties are Marbone and Ginfizz. All bred specifically for growing in a high tunnel (greenhouse). I'm lucky to have this infrastructure and so long as I can afford to keep the farm I will never grow field tomatoes again. Much easier to control for disease in the greenhouse

The pointy tomatoes are a paste/ sauce tomato called Granadero. Not much moisture in them so great for canning/ less water to cook down for preserving

The beefsteak varieties are Marbone and Ginfizz. All bred specifically for growing in a high tunnel (greenhouse). I'm lucky to have this infrastructure and so long as I can afford to keep the farm I will never grow field tomatoes again. Much easier to control for disease in the greenhouse
I was very jealous as soon as I saw the green house

These grow lights from Harbor freight were recommended

Does anyone have recommendations for a grow light to cover a 2' x 4' grow area?

Trying to be cheap, but want something decent.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back