• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vegas to Raleigh NC

Will L.

Reaction score
Talking to a guy today, he has a 1991 blazer with 1 dead cylinder. It could drive onto and off a car trailer, but not worth risking driving.
Just wandering what it cost to have it hauled.

Hey Will.. the average going rate for a hotshot truck to haul one is about a dollar to a $1.25 per mile.. so you're looking at a pretty expensive haul to get that truck.. not sure what kind of budget you have in mind but you could put an ad on uShip at one of the trucks that can haul four or five cars might pick it up and bring it for a few hundred..

Ok thanks, I will let him know.

He might just buy a beater car trailer and haul it. Worth some newish tires and new bearings if needed at that price, then sell the trailer when he gets there.

It's kind 50/50... It's about 2300 miles .. loaded my truck gets about 10 to the gallon.. so if he gets anything close to the fuel mileage I do he's looking at minimum 700 Just in fuel.. of course if he has one of the newer trucks that get some kickass mileage it would be a different story... A lot of people rather ship so they don't have to worry about the breakdowns and fuel cost and food expenses etc... Like I said if you put it on uShip and like guys bid on it you might get lucky...there's always times guys just have an empty spot on their trailer.. I took a load from West Memphis Arkansas 2 Scranton Pennsylvania for 300 bucks just to get me close to home..

Back