• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

vacuum pump

BigBearZach

Reaction score
ok so i know that tha vacuum pump was mostly for the waste gate on my stock turbo but what eles is it for. seeing as i dont have a stock turbo anymore i was just wondering if i still need it and if i dont can i get a delete kit for it

Wastegate control ,and EGR for an S engine, that was it. If you have an F engine and no vacuum wastegate control, then there is no need for the vacuum pump.

You can remove it. I did on mine and got a belt 1in. shorter. Not sure if it will be the same for a '94 motor

Hi all, thank you for all the posts and information on the site. I have been working through some issues on my 2001 3500 G-van and I am making progress. I built a turbo master today and am hoping for reduced turbo lag and the ability to take of the vacuum pump. What instigated this was a super loud racket coming from the lower front right of the engine. I put a 'stethoscope' on the items in that area and the whack, whack, whack seemed to be coming from the pump. It did not sound like bearing death march. Odd though, 1,500 miles later on the cross country trip, the noise stopped and the boost came back. I am still concerned about the pump, and in particular it seizing up. So, if my turbo master works I want to take it off, but I have found on my van that it goes to the HVAC system and with the vacuum feed line to that system remove, I don't have any HVAC controls.

Is this just my van where the vacuum controls the HVAC?

Have any of you others that removed the vacuum pump got around this issue with something like a 12 V vac pump?

Thanks for any clarification on this...

Back