• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vacuum pump pulley problem

jaysev

Reaction score
Hi I have a 1996 6.5 turbo with a vacuum pump dilemma. The pump itself works, but the pulley travels in and out of alignment with the other pulleys on the engine. What I was looking for was an exploded diagram of the vacuum pump and pulley assembly before I go ripping into it. Suggestions?

A better description of the alignment problem would help. Does it wobble or move in and out from the pump. Wobble can be fixed by bending the pulley. In and out would be a pump getting ready to take a dump.
Ted

Hi I have a 1996 6.5 turbo with a vacuum pump dilemma. The pump itself works, but the pulley travels in and out of alignment with the other pulleys on the engine. What I was looking for was an exploded diagram of the vacuum pump and pulley assembly before I go ripping into it. Suggestions?

Guys lets not get ahead of ourselves here, he may need to keep his vac system.

Jay what is 8th digit of your VIN, if you are F VIN then you are golden, you can add a TM to the turbo and scrap the vac system and never again have to worry over vac isssues, if a S truck then you have a few decisions to make so let's start with VIN letter code 1st.

Back