• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

V.i.n. confusion

Stoney

Reaction score
I'm kinda confused. I ran the vin on my truck the other day. Granted I didn't buy the truck new so I truly have no clue what could have been done before. Anyhow the vin search came back saying the truck had a 350 V8 in it. Not sure if by some chance something is incorrect with their data... Or if the truck actually did come with a 350 and was converted...
Honestly at this point I kind of wish it Screenshot_20220417-133423.pngScreenshot_20220417-133436.pngScreenshot_20220417-133417.pngScreenshot_20220417-132747.pngScreenshot_20220417-133259.png had one in it

on your screenshots above, RPO code L65 is not a 350

L65 RPO Code Description of RPO (vehicle configuration options) code L65 . ENGINE,6.5L (6.5F),DIESEL,TURBO HIGH OUTPUT

found this online.

Ok. Was confused. Looked it up trying to find out info about brake system. And a.b.s. still trying to figure out how to determine if there's air in abs box. And how to get it out if there is

There is a way on the OBD1 trucks by momentarily shorting two pins in the ecm connector to force the abs motors to cycle while holding the pedal. I’m looking online for it and if OBD2 works the same

Looking online I don’t believe there is a way to cycle the abs on obd2 trucks. I know on obd1 you can short the ground pin A and pin H momentarily and the abs will cycle

Why don't you just do like Fred Flintstone and cut a hole in your floorboard and stick your feet through to stop?🤣🤣🤣

Your VIN Decode was correct, 8th digit F - L65, 6.5L Turbo diesel. The RPO decode source is totally wrong for decoding the RPO number as a 350 gasser. Use GM's if you want to know the real answer, not some aftermarket website's.

Back