• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Using an HX35 for towing

I got the same part # from oreilley's but they can't order the brand that makes them in their books. I didn't know I needed an O ring though. Looks like I will get ahold of adapt all.

NAPA didn’t even come up with anything when I gave them the part number. I have been trying to contact midniteplowboyy for a while now, but he hasn’t been on for a long time. So I am just going by what I have found in his and Chicago TDP’s threads all over the net. I first found the size of the adapter, but then I found a thread he had that said he also used the washer.. Just wish I had the adapter to know what I am looking at. Still not call back from the guy at my local fitting distributor. I may call him tomorrow afternoon, give him a bit more time. If I can order two I will get one for you if you want. Maybe that what we should do at discount hose?? PM me if you want to work anything out that way. Ill pay for the total then you can pay half? Ill just get enough for it to be over 20? Not sure if the discount hose place has the washer tho?

EDIT: Discount does have the oring washer.... 63 cents....

Here are some quick pictures form this morning. Its still only 1 coat. The temps have been hovering around 30 here, so the painting will wait till tomorrow when we get some 60 degree weather.

Attachments

• IMG_1835.jpg
    IMG_1835.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1836.jpg
    IMG_1836.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1837.jpg
    IMG_1837.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 4
Code Description Qty Price Total

9235-12-04 9235-12-04 | M12x1.5 Male Metric x 1/4" Female NPTF (Steel) QNTY:2 @$7.40 $14.80

9500-12MMV 9500-12MMV | Bonded Seal, 12MM Metric (Viton®) QNTY:2 @$3.59 $7.18

Subtotal: $21.98
Tax: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $9.95
Grand Total: $31.93

I got the viton O ring washers instead of the cheaper ones. Helped bring the price over 20 bucks..

Summit sold adapters like that i was looking inot. But for ease its nice just to put an adapter in between your turbo and current line.

Fittings just came in, goning to make sure they thread on at least the turbo side for now! I couldnt find my spare oil line for a 6.5 for some reason... Will send tanman's off to him tomorrow morning!

Attachments

• WH1C Fittings.jpg
    WH1C Fittings.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 3
Pictures of a test fit for the new fitting in the WH1C. Looking good! Tanman, your packages in in the mail as of this AM!

Attachments

• IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1852.jpg
    IMG_1852.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1853.jpg
    IMG_1853.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 4
Hey, food for thought on your IC. I saw a guy move his rad closer to the fan and sneak the IC between the rad and the rad support on the rad side. This was on an OBS truck but the theory is sound. Try it and if it works, I'll do it too...I looked and it seems like the rad with minor fabrication could be moved closer to the fan. Plenty of room. The only concerns I have is would the lower IATs from the IC offset the decreased airflow to an already undersized, air starved rad ???Hmmm....

I cant wait to get startd on the I/C.. If i rip all the A/C stuff out that will free up some room. Im worried about it being too tight behind the grille though. I have 3 decently sized hydraulic hoses inbetween the grille and radiator fo the Fisher MM1.

I cant wait to get startd on the I/C.. If i rip all the A/C stuff out that will free up some room. Im worried about it being too tight behind the grille though. I have 3 decently sized hydraulic hoses inbetween the grille and radiator fo the Fisher MM1.

i did an intercooler and the tranny cooler all in front of the rad but ditched all the hood latching stuff in favour of hood pins..... just needed to modify the bottom markers not to hit the elbows on the I.C......

Here is a couple pics of the 4 inch down pipe i built last year. It is very tight take your time when doing it. The heat wrap is for sure needed.
turbo2015.jpg

turbo2018.jpg

Yip, I am in finals week, starting to get rolling on work, Moving back home, getting ready for graduation, and the list continues..... Hopefully once home I can lock my truck up in the shop and get some stuff done!

Right now I am running with the GM3 baling wired shut :eek:

I havent even been at my own house for awhile to check the mail and see if the fittings are there. Hopefully 2mro I can stop house hoping.

Back