• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

updated transmission lines for you leakers out there

He's a vendor over at DP. And his lines are not the same size as OE. OEM lines are a 5/8" tube which is roughly 1/2"-9/16" ID, his lines are made of 1/2" hydraulic hose per his words which is 1/2" ID in the hose, but the fittings are barely 7/16"(had a set made by a local shop and they used 1/2" instead of -10 5/8" like I told em and I measured the ID and didn't run em). He does make the larger hoses, but they are about twice as much I believe he said.

For me, I don't like the idea of the full rubber line under the truck like that. I'd MUCH rather gather up peoples failed sets and put better rubber sections on them.

For me, I don't like the idea of the full rubber line under the truck like that. I'd MUCH rather gather up peoples failed sets and put better rubber sections on them.
I tend to agree with you Devin. The factory pressure line I replaced with a new OEM one 45k or so ago hasn't leaked...

(yet...).;)

I would have to pass on those. To much of a chance of chafing somewhere along the length of hose. The line is also to small as mentioned above. I have a set on my bench right now that need to be reworked. Hopefully I will fix them before winter.

I just fixed all 3 of mine this past weekend. New hose lines were made & crimped onto the old GM metal lines by local hydraulic shop. They cut the old crimps to take the hose off without shortening the factory metal lines, then remade all three with a 5/8"OD 500PSI Hi Temp dual wall hose with two layers of steel reinforcment built in, yet they were still flexible. They told me they've done alot of these GM trany lines & showed me the old GM crap they cut off mine and an un-used piece of the new hose; what a difference, I could easily pinch the GM hose closed with two fingers and bend it over and it would close on itself, I've seen better garden hose than that crap. The new hose I could only deform slightly when I squeezed it and it would not bend closed at all no matter how hard i tried, a top quality hose for sure and no home wrenched compression fittings to screw around with.

Total cost of remade lines was $150.00. Sorry I forgot to take any pictures. Sure is nice not to see ATF on the ground anymore.

Special thanks to blizzardplowman for hooking me up with the hydraulic shop & his help getting this done. :cheers2:

I was going to make this kit up about a year ago and left alot of info on another forum of a DIY the one guy did weld on fittings and I wanted to make it easy for everyone with compression fitting. I will work on a cheaper kit with the fittings and line and post the info I need to replace mine again did the replacements from Gm.

Back