• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

UOA results

Nick your best bet would be to purchase a Fumoto Valve. With the truck running and hot pull your sample.

FYI in your Dmax you can easily go 15k with amsoil Diesel marine 15-40 and an eao52. I would pull your sample at 15k or call it good and change it at 15k.

Sample will run you 25 bux including shipping. I have over 80 analysis through blackstone and would think of using any other company to do my testing.

Fumoto Valve, what's that? (Sorry lingo disfunctional).

Diesel Marine? Why not amsoil diesel regular? What properties does the marine offer that the conventional does not?

I'm not disputing here, I would like some insight. Thanks.

It's a valve looking thing that screws in place of the drain plug. Basically a minature 1/4 turn ball valve. Less mess and hassle when changing your oil, especially for you guys with 4X4 and a skid plate which the oil will run all over when you drop the plug.

Here is what one looks like. This was the first mod on my truck; I got the one with the nipple so that I could simply put a hose on it to drain the oil into a container with no mess.

Attachments

• fumoto01.jpg
    fumoto01.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 4
Fumoto Valve, what's that? (Sorry lingo disfunctional).

Diesel Marine? Why not amsoil diesel regular? What properties does the marine offer that the conventional does not?

I'm not disputing here, I would like some insight. Thanks.

The diesel and Marine product is a Diesel oil, but is Marine certified. Diesel marine oil require much more TBN than your standard diesel oil. The shearing properties are much better and due to the fact that Marine engines usually spend 6 months at sea running non stop without a service. This is the reason for the added TBN

We do have Fumoto Valves in stock

Nick do you want me to post it or PM you?

My other expierences on Forums is that they don't allow open pricing to be posted in threads. It's your show so whatever you works for you works for me

Post all you want. I never agreed with those rules. You're here to advertise so you guys can do what you want.

This is interesting info. I switched to Amsoil before I moved south and currently have close to 3000 miles on it since I switched from Valvoline Premium Blue. I'm not sure how long to run this stuff or even if it burns any. I should get my ass outside and check it one of these days.

Where do you guys get these oil samples at and where does the oil come from? Are you sticking a tube or something down the dip stick and sucking some out?

Here is what I use...

http://www.dieseltowingresource.com/showthread.php?p=29006#post29006

The kit is free the analysis is not. Cost is 20.00 plus shipping to them.

I usually just send it priority. it's less than ground and get there quicker

The kit is free the analysis is not. Cost is 20.00 plus shipping to them.

I usually just send it priority. it's less than ground and get there quicker

The analysis fee went up; it is now $22.50 for the standard analysis, plus $10 more if you also want a TBN analysis. http://www.blackstone-labs.com/tests_price_list.html

The last one I sent in, I sent it via US Mail. I took it to the post office along with the letter from Blackstone Labs explaining to the postmaster that used engine oil is NOT a hazardous material. Cost me less than $2 to send it and I got the email from Blackstone with the results within 3 days of sending it.

I'm still paying 20.00, but I order sample in quanity.

No matter what USPS says Oil is not hazardous. I go through it everytime:wtf:

Back