• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unknown code

SS FORCE

Reaction score
I was dragging a trailer home from Price UT over the weekend and the check engine light came on, no limp mode or performance changes just the light. I wasn't driving crazy either just cruising. Pulled the code and it was a p0704 which from my reading tells me its something to do with the Clutch Pedal Position Switch. The bullydog tuner just said it was an unkown code so I didn't think much of it. That and the fact its an automatic. Anyone had this or know why I might have this code? It hasn't come back since I cleared it.

Sounds like you need a better scanner than the bullydog. Many scanners will not read trans codes, and will give false engine codes if they don't recognize the code number.

Thanks Ferm. I am planning to invest in a edge cts hopefully soon. Are there others you might recommend. I'm about ready to take my Bullydogcrap out to the target range. I haven't liked it from the moment I found it. Just don't have the money for something else right now.

I can assure you that bullydogs tunes ARE crap. The 1st LBZ I tuned had a triple dog on it, after looking at the tune all they really did was some fuel to the main table, and enabled post injection to make it smoke. I've looked at even there more recent tunes, and they were just as bad just without the post injection.

Back