• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Universal Coolant

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
About 250 hours ago I changed the coolant in my JD X540 tractor with the 26hp twin Kawasaki. I used some of that Peak brand, "add to any color, 150,000 mile universal" green stuff. I recall Ferman mentioning that I might not like that because it gets petty nasty. Yup... I can't remember ever having drained coolant looking that nasty or being anywhere near as slimy. I'm in the process of a complete flush and all new hoses. I'll be using conventional green from now on.

20170731_101754.jpg 20170731_101623.jpg 20170731_101630.jpg

About 250 hours ago I changed the coolant in my JD X540 tractor with the 26hp twin Kawasaki. I used some of that Peak brand, "add to any color, 150,000 mile universal" green stuff. I recall Ferman mentioning that I might not like that because it gets petty nasty. Yup... I can't remember ever having drained coolant looking that nasty or being anywhere near as slimy. I'm in the process of a complete flush and all new hoses. I'll be using conventional green from now on.

View attachment 50544 View attachment 50545 View attachment 50546
Reminds me of Oliver Twist, "Please sir, can I have some more"?:wtf::D

Back