• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Two Inch Lift

Could someone help me understand what "cranking the torsion bars" a few turns involves... I assume this could bring the front up a little, to be more level to the rear. Oh yea, I have a 2007 2500HD diesel 4X4. I do not want to get into a lot of "stuff" but if this is something that could give a little lift to the front without much hassel, it would be great.

Thanks

Thats exactly what it does. GM allows 2-3" attainable from the factory. Cranking can be hard on the front end components but there are fixes for that. Cognito makes a very nice leveling kit that dosent in itself give you life, it allows you to crank the bars and keep vital suspension components within their limits.

If you're interested, sift through the suspension section. I'm pretty sure Nor-Cal-Nick has many threads explaining what it actually does and all that.

OK, back home again:

Here are the pictures:

attachment.php

attachment.php

My angles look about like that with the stock keys maxed out. Are your green keys maxed? I'll probably do keys eventually to get more crank when my torsion bars sag. If you could get those fender measurements that would be cool. I'd like to see how they differ to my truck.

So is the 2" block in the rear actually in place of another leaf spring that would be on a one ton? If so then I could just add a leaf while doing this and essentially have a 3500 rear end suspension?

AND all this is possible on the NBS trucks up to 2010 for sure right? I think its all the same set up.

And while we are on the topic, though I may be talking to myself; Why do some of the 2007.5-2010 2500 trucks sit so much lower than others of the same generation? Its like a three inch difference in some. And all the 2011 and on are for sure 3" higher than my truck? If this has been discussed somewhere else, sorry I couldnt find it.

Back