• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turn up pump on a JD 2320 ?

I think it needs EFI and a cat back and a lift kit and braces and a cai and a set of gauges and some 20" wheels w/ 40" nittos and tinted windows. that woud put it over the top on the cool meter

Why dont you go F up someone elses thread?. If you have nothing about tractors to talk about then STFU

Why dont you go F up someone elses thread?. If you have nothing about tractors to talk about then STFU

I agree!!

We love the 5.3L, it is by far way better than any 5.7L we have ever had. I will bide my time, eventually a nice priced LBZ will come along.

I realize it is still August, but what will you be using for snow removal?? You got a blower for the JD?? We have one with the MF, when we get it out of storage, I will post some pics.

Last edited:
I agree!!

We love the 5.3L, it is by far way better than any 5.7L we have ever had. I will bide my time, eventually a nice priced LBZ will come along.

I realize it is still August, but what will you be using for snow removal?? You got a blower for the JD?? We have one with the MF, when we get it out of storage, I will post some pics.

Yep 5.3 is an awesome engine, one of the best small blocks IMO.

I have been thinking about snow removal. I am just going to see how my loader works this year.
I had been using my warn plow on my old grizzly , it did an awesome job, but its gone now. So i''ll just try the loader.

I have a blade for my old 8in Ford i guess i could use too.

I sold the 4 wheeler and bought the tractor to replace its dutys as well as more capability for work, i hardly rode any more so it didnt make sense to keep it just for the plow.

Hows your blower work? Hydraulics?

Ive got a long gravel driveway and am leary of using a blower, blade usually work good for me.

Yep 5.3 is an awesome engine, one of the best small blocks IMO.

I have been thinking about snow removal. I am just going to see how my loader works this year.
I had been using my warn plow on my old grizzly , it did an awesome job, but its gone now. So i''ll just try the loader.

I have a blade for my old 8in Ford i guess i could use too.

I sold the 4 wheeler and bought the tractor to replace its dutys as well as more capability for work, i hardly rode any more so it didnt make sense to keep it just for the plow.

Hows your blower work? Hydraulics?

Ive got a long gravel driveway and am leary of using a blower, blade usually work good for me.

I love the drive by wire. I do not care to EVER own a cabled, or carbed vehicle again. And if I build up a hot rod, it will be diesel, or fuelie too!!

We have a new Buhler-Farm King 50" (Model Y500) snowblower. It is PTO driven, manual chute rotation, manual deflection hydraulic optional. We may add that later. One of the benefits of the Buhler blowers is the skid shoes. Our driveway is gravel, around 300', so it will be fun. No rush for snow though.

http://www.buhler.com/dev/sbfk-spec.html

Last edited:
I love the drive by wire. I do not care to EVER own a cabled, or carbed vehicle again. And if I build up a hot rod, it will be diesel, or fuelie too!!

We have a new Buhler-Farm King 50" (Model Y500) snowblower. It is PTO driven, manual chute rotation, manual deflection hydraulic optional. We may add that later. One of the benefits of the Buhler blowers is the skid shoes. Our driveway is gravel, around 300', so it will be fun. No rush for snow though.

http://www.buhler.com/dev/sbfk-spec.html

Cool, Looks great behind your tractor!!. Sounds like you have lots of fun planned for that classy massie! Man what a sweet looking tractor!

I played today as well on my deere, moved a lot of sandstone from my barn and built a wall beside my patio. I cant imagine living without a front end loader again!

Cool, Looks great behind your tractor!!. Sounds like you have lots of fun planned for that classy massie! Man what a sweet looking tractor!

I played today as well on my deere, moved a lot of sandstone from my barn and built a wall beside my patio. I cant imagine living without a front end loader again!

So you gonna do the 50 hour service yourself?? What you got planned in the way of fluids??

So you gonna do the 50 hour service yourself?? What you got planned in the way of fluids??

Yep! I do all my own maintainence when i can. Not sure on Fluids, Probably see what the deere guys reccomend on mytractorforum.com .

Any reccomendations? How many hours are on your Massie?

Yep! I do all my own maintainence when i can. Not sure on Fluids, Probably see what the deere guys reccomend on mytractorforum.com .

The MF was a short term rental unit - to one customer for a winter. We got it with 63 hours on it, and they did the 50 hour service NO CHARGE.

Next oil change I will be using synthetic, either Mobil 1 10w30, or Red line 10w30, still not made my mind up yet, also with AC Delco filters for fuel and oil, MF for hydro (and air) because we could not find a AC number,

As for Hydro oil, we will see how it is this winter, garage not heated. May switch it over the synthetic next spring, either Petro Canada, or Amsoil.

How is Amsoil when it comes to warranty?? (Missing some certification aren't they??)

tim,
we use deere filters on all our tractors, even the case. pretty reasonably priced. i would think you'd be able to use the 15w-40 that you use in your truck in your tractor. keeps you from having ten different types of oil laying around.

tim,
we use deere filters on all our tractors, even the case. pretty reasonably priced. i would think you'd be able to use the 15w-40 that you use in your truck in your tractor. keeps you from having ten different types of oil laying around.

Thanks for the info Ryan! I was planing on using factory Filters But wasnt sure on the oil.

The Manual and sticker under the hood say to use 10w-30 ( ?????) But my dealer said i could use 15w-40 like in my truck. Why the difference of opinion?? I would like to just use 15w-40 in everything!

The MF was a short term rental unit - to one customer for a winter. We got it with 63 hours on it, and they did the 50 hour service NO CHARGE.

Next oil change I will be using synthetic, either Mobil 1 10w30, or Red line 10w30, still not made my mind up yet, also with AC Delco filters for fuel and oil, MF for hydro (and air) because we could not find a AC number,

As for Hydro oil, we will see how it is this winter, garage not heated. May switch it over the synthetic next spring, either Petro Canada, or Amsoil.

How is Amsoil when it comes to warranty?? (Missing some certification aren't they??)
Why are you going to use 10 w 30 instead of 15w40? Im lost here.

My garage isnt heated yet either so we'll see how she performs in the snow/cold.

I'll prob change my oil and front diff before winter and see how many hours i have on the hydro before i do it. I still need to get all my fiters from the dealer and review the 50 hour instructions/reccomendations.

I run 15w 40 in the 43 horse Deeres with no problems, Id think you would be alright Tim..

Thanks for the info Ryan! I was planing on using factory Filters But wasnt sure on the oil.

The Manual and sticker under the hood say to use 10w-30 ( ?????) But my dealer said i could use 15w-40 like in my truck. Why the difference of opinion?? I would like to just use 15w-40 in everything!

The manual should specify temperature ranges of the oil it recommends. Does yours??

Why are you going to use 10 w 30 instead of 15w40? Im lost here.

My garage isnt heated yet either so we'll see how she performs in the snow/cold.

I'll prob change my oil and front diff before winter and see how many hours i have on the hydro before i do it. I still need to get all my fiters from the dealer and review the 50 hour instructions/reccomendations.

It gets waaaay to cold in the winter to run 15w40, so we will run 10w30 synthetic. Temp ranges i the manual states 15w40 for (hot) summer use only.

It gets waaaay to cold in the winter to run 15w40, so we will run 10w30 synthetic. Temp ranges i the manual states 15w40 for (hot) summer use only.

Understand, but my manual only shows 10w30 or 10w40, No diesel specific 15w 40. I just think thats peculiar.But While its under warranty i'll do what is says.:)

some people don't like to run 15w oil in the colder areas like will has. here in ohio we don't have to worry about that. i've run 15w oil in my s10 for 8 years and no problem even when it gets down to zero in the winter.

what kind of a warranty did you get tim? hours/years??

some people don't like to run 15w oil in the colder areas like will has. here in ohio we don't have to worry about that. i've run 15w oil in my s10 for 8 years and no problem even when it gets down to zero in the winter.

what kind of a warranty did you get tim? hours/years??

Thanks again Ryan for your advice.

I have a 2 year Full warranty on everything and 3 yr/2000 hour powertrain warranty. Not too bad if you ask me.

Oh yeah, It does everything i ask it too, Its truly one awesome piece of machinery!!

We just Got power on after 5 days with out Due to Hurricane Ike remnants,

Tons of snapped tree limbs and braches between my House and my fathers,

I thank God i had this handy machine to help cleanup, it was amazing the tree limbs i could lift and drag to the brush pile. We'd still be cleaningup if i didnt have this machine.

Also moved roughly 116 ton of fill for my new garage, This machine isnt as fast as a skid steer but made easy work of moving and grading, This Bucket is one awesome tool.

And mowing is FUN now!

I NEVER want to be with out my Deere, i have 24 trouble free hours so far and before i know it i'll be doing the 50 hour service.

Did i mention i Love it?? :thumbsup:

Back