• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turn up pump on a JD 2320 ?

TIM Z

Tie Rod Bender
Reaction score
Im looking at a 24 horse 3 cylinder JD 2320 4x4 with loader and 62'' belly mower and am wandering if more power can be made by turning up the pump? Its a Yanmar engine. The brother to this tractor is a 2520 which is 26 horse, they are identicle except for the horsepower, how can i get more if neede? thanks!

Interesting idea, Tim, but I would think that there are internal differences between the two motors. Fuel + Air should = more HP, but I'd worry about what the internals can take.

By the way, that is a nice choice of tractor. I have looked into getting a bigger one with a loader myself (I have an 8n like yours), but the $$$$$ keeps scaring me away.

my dad has a 332 JD mower. it has a three cylinder diesel in it. its the same motor that is in the 855 & 955 compact tractors, but the bigger tractors have more HP.

as far as your situation goes, i don't know if i'd worry about getting the extra 2 hp out of it. proly void your deere warranty.

Interesting idea, Tim, but I would think that there are internal differences between the two motors. Fuel + Air should = more HP, but I'd worry about what the internals can take.

By the way, that is a nice choice of tractor. I have looked into getting a bigger one with a loader myself (I have an 8n like yours), but the $$$$$ keeps scaring me away.

Thanks bud, i was scared too but i since i sold my 4 wheeler i had a NICE down payment to keep my payments low.
BTW heres my new ride.

DSC02606.jpg

DSC02604.jpg

DSC02610.jpg

Thanks Deere!, My barn needs a lil cosmetic TLC as well as the existing 2 stall garage, i building a new garage oput back but it will be hold a lil since most of its fund went towards my new tractor, oh well!

What dealer did you get it from, if you dont mind me asking?
...Your barn looks alot better then mine dose :eek:

Nice tractor. What kind of coin would one of those cost me if I wanted one.

Around 16,000 give or take . I couldnt beileve New holland were 2000 more for a similar equipped tractor and kubotas were close too. Ive always wanted a green tractor. This loader is saving my back a ton of work already! I cant belive ive gone this long with out one ( but my wallet can!!!:lol:)

Thanks again bud, im sure you'll find a deal someday!

Thanks bud, i was scared too but i since i sold my 4 wheeler i had a NICE down payment to keep my payments low.
BTW heres my new ride.

DSC02606.jpg

DSC02604.jpg

DSC02610.jpg

Hey,

No need to apologize for you barn cosmetics. A compact tractor is tons more fun than a four wheeler.

I was going to buy one for going into the bush, but then we decided to haul it with one of these.

Attachments

• Lawn 2DSC_0201 copy (Small).jpg
    Lawn 2DSC_0201 copy (Small).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 15
Hey,

No need to apologize for you barn cosmetics. A compact tractor is tons more fun than a four wheeler.

I was going to buy one for going into the bush, but then we decided to haul it with one of these.

Cool, Sweet tractor! Diesel? That is one sharp looking unit, and yes, I dont even miss my four wheeler. It was fun but the tractor makes my klife way easier!

Cool, Sweet tractor! Diesel? That is one sharp looking unit, and yes, I dont even miss my four wheeler. It was fun but the tractor makes my klife way easier!

Thank you. Sure is diesel - 23HP the baby of the 1500 series. Love it too.

Your JD is a nice lookin' tractor too.

Have you used it to go get the mail yet??

Thank you. Sure is diesel - 23HP the baby of the 1500 series. Love it too.

Your JD is a nice lookin' tractor too.

Have you used it to go get the mail yet??

HA HA!! LOL! Not yet, but i did mow with the bucket on just because:sifone:

I find every excuse i can to use it!

Around 16,000 give or take . I couldnt beileve New holland were 2000 more for a similar equipped tractor and kubotas were close too. Ive always wanted a green tractor. This loader is saving my back a ton of work already! I cant belive ive gone this long with out one ( but my wallet can!!!:lol:)

Thanks again bud, im sure you'll find a deal someday!

One thing about buyers remorse, it is short lived. It is actually a countdown to the day when we buy another Red toy, Ooops, I mean tool.

One thing about buyers remorse, it is short lived. It is actually a countdown to the day when we buy another Red toy, Ooops, I mean tool.

I hear ya but have no remorse, i wanted a Deere but bieng some other makes were similar priced i felt that i wasnt really over paying for my tractor.

The only remorse or Sticker Shock i got was when i bought my Duramax!! The second most expensive thing ive ever bought!!:devil:

The only remorse or Sticker Shock i got was when i bought my Duramax!! The second most expensive thing ive ever bought!!:devil:

I hear you there. That is why the truck in my sig is not a Dmax, cost difference was a good chunk of the MF. Will own a Dmax some day.

I hear you there. That is why the truck in my sig is not a Dmax, cost difference was a good chunk of the MF. Will own a Dmax some day.

I hear ya! My previous truck was a 2004 ext cab Z71 . Loved it. Rode great and maintainence was way cheaper. But i love my Dmax but boy it took a chunk of my savings. As long as you have a good Chevrolet you are doing good!!

I think it needs EFI and a cat back and a lift kit and braces and a cai and a set of gauges and some 20" wheels w/ 40" nittos and tinted windows. that woud put it over the top on the cool meter

Back