• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo Sound

This is my truck !!. Its got a hx40 turbo, with intake, 3 inch down pipe and then a cummins 4 inch exhaust to a 5 inch tip on it, and a few more things..

My GM4 was like that with a filter open to the engine compartment. After awhile it drove me nuts.

Great audio quality. I'm jealous. I was just thinking today that I wish there were more video's on here. Congrats. Glad you like it

Very cool! I think I saw this on YouTube a few Months back unless it was another truck with same turbo and 4" exhaust. I know mine sounded about the same before I put on the diamond eye muffler.

Why do you have a cummins exhaust? Was it free?

I have been wondering what that turbo sounded like for a while now, great video. I was also wondering, if you punch it an let off, does it have the bark like the hx35/ H1c has? I have always loved that sound, I can get something similar with my gm8 with 6 in stack, but it's just not the same...

It does have a good bark but, im pretty sure its not the turbo bark your thinking about, the bark comes through the exhaust which is when the waist gate opens and lets the excesses boost out, and turbo bark is when the boost tryes to rush back into the turbo and turn the blade the opposit way.

Yeah, back spool on a turbo is hard on things. I do have quite a bit of loud spool down on my dmax that getts called a bark by my friends but i dont think that is what it is.

So, that is something I did kind of have in the back of my mine, and I don't want to jack your thread, but what exactly happens when the air comes back the other way?

It is called a compressor surge and bad ju-ju to the vanes of compressor/wheel if you surge it hard enough and a solid 1 piece part becomes a many piece part into the intake air tract the engine was not designed to nor likes to digest

Back