• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo rebuild, replace, upgrade

If you have a prime account, this is free shipping and is about $10 cheaper. I've had one in my wish list for a good while but have stayed with the GMx turbo.

I am not sure the 3" is correct for my 2-1/2" downpipe. Need to research more I guess.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Why are you using a Stinger system in the first place? Banks designed that system for turbocharging the NA 6.2 in the old body style ('73 - '91, such as the CUCV) and had a 2½" turbo downpipe to clear between the cab firewall and frame. A 2½" turbo downpipe will negate a lot of the power you're trying to get in this build by greatly reducing exhaust flow and increasing backpressure and exhaust heat.

If you're doing this motor install into a GMT-400 why aren't you using a 3" turbo downpipe, or even a custom 4" turbo downpipe that has been "squashed" into an oval shape to clear between the firewall and frame? If this install is into the '73- '91 platform, you should be using a 3" turbo downpipe and "squash" it into a slight oval to gain sufficient clearance.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Back