• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

turbo oil drain gasket

iamdave0887

Here Comes Chaos.....
Reaction score
Well i had the gaskets from Heath to re-install the turbocharger on the 94 K3500 in my driveway, until last night.

Overnight the damn gaskets grew legs and ran off. Just great. I can't find them anywhere in the house, in any of the trucks, in the trash, nowhere. :cussing:

What have you guys used for the oil drain gasket? The gasket i had was pretty thick, so one would think regular gasket paper won't work.

I'm not super concerned about the manifold to exhaust inlet on the turbocharger as a friend of mine has used grease to seal that before and it worked perfectly fine.

I can't justify another injector install kit from Heath, for just that one gasket. The owner of this truck has spent enough money already.

Thanks guys,

- Dave

I checked their website, but i couldn't find the gasket. I"ll have to pickup some gasket paper tomorrow. I'm headed there to exchange yet another Airtex E3158 LP. Second one i've had to exchange.

I think it's a make your own or stealer item. I almost always reuse the old one with some rtv on it. I had checked at napa for it and no deal. They said Fel=Pro doesn't list it and it doesn't come with any sets.

I always had to order mine at the stealer or make one when the old one wasn't reusable. You'll be fine making one, just use some formagasket or high quality rtv on it.

Find a small repair shop that works on all brands; Those foreign cars use a lot of that gasket size and shape. Most any decent repair shop has left over gasket sets with those little gaskets in it. That's where I got mine.

Picked up some 1/16" fiber based gasket paper from work the other day and made my own gasket. I used some Indian Head Gasket shellac on both sides of the gasket and upon initial startup i had no leaks. I"ll re-start the ol girl again tomorrow and see if it leaks after sitting at all.

Back