• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tuning

marvgarr

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would help me with tuning my own chip? I don't want this thread off topic like the last one. I don't want to copy any ones just want to clear out some and change some.

It's been awhile since I did much with this. It's been over a year now since I helped slim out with getting started, and I know he has learned alot more about what works and what doesn't than I could since he has a 6.5L to tune in real time. The biggest problem I seen with what was going on in the other thread was the definition files weren't very complete, nor accurate. Getting a GOOD definition file is the key to get tuning.

Maybe PM Slim or Leroy . . .?

Or try a local independent (or sympathetic dealer) that is comfortable with handing over the last OE tune and go from there?

That's a good question. I'd have to compare it to a complete one to give you an answer.

I can't figure out how to PM you on here. Are you on DP also?

at the top of the page hover over inbox and a drop down box will appear that gives you the option to start a new conversation (what pm's are called on the new software)

You might also try to contact BJ (Great White) ... he was tuning 6.5L OBD2, and knew lots about that. I haven't spoken with him or with Dennis in a long time.

Last edited:
Back