• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tricks for leveling campers (side to side)

I use 2"x6"x8' lumber under mine. I sprayed lined them also, and being 8' they fit in the truck bed, and the spread of my tripple axles. I usually only need one, but I have 2 just in case.

i got a question for you guys our 28' couachman, no madder what its takes about a half of a day to get it level, ever since we got it about a year and a half ago, im starting to belive that its in the suspinsion(sp) b/c when everything its level it doest feel level inside im any input guys?? or do yall need to ask more question??? THANKS!!

Last edited:
I can have mine level in about 20-30 min. When you say it does not feel level are you puting a level on it or is it just a feeling?

we are puttin a level on it, and the level read write(tryed diff. levels all read the same)

What are you using to level it ;stabilizers, bottle jacks, wood under the tires? When you check the level are you checking it out side and in side and if your checking both are they the same?

we are using the jacks that are made it each corner of the camber, and using concrete block, using the level on the out side

I level mine from side to side on the outside and then I level it from front to back on the inside. I think what might be happening is your checking level on a spot that is not level with the interior. The next time you level it, check it on the inside and when it's level verify that the spot you check level on the outside reads the same.

OK i will try that, were moving it in a couple of weeks! thanks for the help mick, ill keep you in mind if i run into any more problems! THANKS

I figure out what I will need to level the trailer and add the same to the rear wheel of the truck on that side. Usually only takes 5 minutes or so to get it level side to side. Side to side pivot hitch is handy too for when I'm lazy. :rofl:

You mean when the spousal unit pukes all over the bed?:smileydan:

funny you broght that up...i was making chicken with limes the other night, and she about gagged, as she was drinking vodka with limes that night in the dunes:rofl:

I carry 4 2X10's, with both ends of each beveled, and different lengths, to form a ramp. One board to four boards high, as needed. I made pins out of plastic pipe, to prevent the stacked boards from sliding apart.
With the camper at site, I check self-stick camper level to determine how many boards needed to level side to side. Place needed boards along side desired wheels, pull camper ahead, slide boards behind wheels, then back camper onto them, 5 minutes max.. It doesn't take long to learn how many boards needed based on level indication.
A hitch which pivits side to side definately makes hookups on uneven terraine easier.
Most Private parks need one board if any, but at some State Parks I've used all four.

Last edited:
we are using the jacks that are made it each corner of the camber, and using concrete block, using the level on the out side

I would highly discourage using concrete blocks. They can easily break under load when you least expect them and you could end up in one hell of a mess. :nonod:

I carry 6 - 2X8's that are cut and the ends beveled to where they will each fit between my 5er tires. When I back into a site, I determine what side I need to raise and how much by judging my level. I lay the 2 boards on the outside of the tires and pull forward just enough for the wife to slide one behind the rear tire and the other between the tires. I then back onto the boards and I check my side to side level.

If you choose to use this method, cut the boards about 1" short so that they will easily slide in and I would also recommend chocks that go between the tires and not on the ground as they don't hold very well unless you can get them flat. I use Roto-Chocks.

Back