• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transynd pricing

HoytBows

Reaction score
I am thinking of going to Transynd in the Ally. I ran the comparable Amsoil in my "03 ally and it looked/smelled burnt after 60k. (I was whoopin on it bad at that point) But anyways did more reading and the temp tolerances on the Transynd seem to make the stuff bulletproof.

I called around Denver a bit and Its right around $46 a gallon. :eek: I am going to keep looking but is there a good place to find the stuff for a better price than that?

Look up Mobil Delvac synthetic ATF. It's 100% Transynd equivalent. (TES-295)
Do some reading HERE

$46 per gallon is a good price...nowadays....around here it's $52 a gallon. About 3 years ago I was buying a gallon for 30 bucks.

I haven't been able to find the Mobil 1, so I am looking for the John Deere TES 295. Most JD places around here have the HD stuff which is a high viscosity, but I'm still looking because guys are paying sub-$40 per gallon.

Check with the lubricantstoredotcom They can get you shipping from the nearest depot. Mine originally shipped from Cleveland iirc then through Elgin, Illinois. They go out of their way in customer service.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I'm lucky as my local dealer is still $32 a gallon for it. Also look and see if you have a CITGO dealer close by. QUATRASYN is an AWESOME fluid, and is a bit cheaper than TRANSYND(they dropped the price because so many won't buy CITGO anymore). And TRANSYND will look burnt after 5K miles or so, but it won't be. The dye in TRANSYND breaks down very quickly and will turn to an amber brown and appear burnt, but it is still just as good as new despite the color change.

An oil sample will tell you what is going on in your oil. Expensive synthetic may be bullet proof, but, it could be loaded with debris from normal to hard use or be just fine.

I should do that. And I know its been talked about 1 trillion times on here, but where can I have that done? Locally or do I need to ship it off? I havent been able to find any John Deer TES 295 yet, but I did find some SynTran for $55/gal or $319/5 gal. Makes the Transynd at 46 not seem that bad. I'm still looking for CITGO and Mobil Delvac too

5 gal is plenty. EPA is your friend... Didn't you recite the mantra...? :hihi:

Back