• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transmount problem. Help?

dmaxpwr12

Reaction score
Im not positive it is a transmount problem but when i come to a complete stop then let off the throttle i can feel a huge jerk underneath the center of the cab. Transmount??? Motor Mount???? Please help!!!!!

Try going underneath and apply some torque on it with a prybar just don't get the pan. It is usually easily to tell when they're bad that way.

Welcome to The Truck Stop! :welcome2: Tell us about your truck. That happens a lot on LLYs and occasionally does it on LBZs as well as LB7s. It's a hard downshift to first. When was the last spin on filter change and trans fluid change? That can aggrevate the problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Well hello their Big Mike!!!! I installed a new spin on filter about 3 months ago. And changed the fluid about 1 year ago. The shifting occurs when the trucks already in 1st gear. Say I come to a complete stop at a red light, keep it in drive gear, the light turns green, right when I let go of the throttle to accelerate is when it shifts.

Mine did that slamming into 1st occasionally. Slow to stop then *BANG* it hits 1st and feels like you got rear-ended.

Almost sounds like you've got the old dry slip yoke though since it's already in 1st.

Hi Ben. Where the driveshaft yoke goes into the back of the transfer case the spline is dry and with the miles you have on it I'd think you would benefit from pulling the driveshaft and grease the spline real good before reinstalling. Do some prybar checking like Will suggested while you're under there.

Awesome thank you!!! I actually did grease that about 2 years ago. Its stopped the problem for a while. Im glD u mentioned it now I remember

Good deal. Let us know how it works out. Feel free to look around and discuss anything at all that's on your mind. Alot of damn good guys here.

Back