• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trans switch

Airborntrucker

Reaction score
I have a 98 k3500 with 6.5 turbo diesel in it reverse ban broke pulling generators for FEMA during storm I found a 04 k2500 with 4l80 e will the trans fit mine and what needs to be done to make it all work

I have a 98 k3500 with 6.5 turbo diesel in it reverse ban broke pulling generators for FEMA during storm I found a 04 k2500 with 4l80 e will the trans fit mine and what needs to be done to make it all work
Welcome to The Truck Stop, I am sure some of these 6.5 experts will respond in due time, they tend to be busy on big diesel projects and some of them work on hard though jobs, so be patient.

You don't want to use the 6.0l dual stator converter(stall speed roughly 2200 vs the 6.5's 1600-1800 rpm). As mentioned, it will have the top bolt at 12 o clock, but it doesn't effect anything in a truck(it won't work with a center mount turbo). You'll have to change the nsbu since 04 is a dingle big plug and 95-03 is 2 plugs. Otherwise it will all bolt in and work. Also remember the trans is an 04 in case you need a new EPC as they changed in 04.

Back