• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Riziko

Reaction score
Ok so I picked up a 1993 1 ton with a blown 6.5. I want to use it for a repair and up grade of my 92 3/4 ton and my 83 Burban respectively. What I need to know are two things I hoping someone on here will know first will the 4l80 that's behing the 6.5 work with a 7.4 in the 92. And second the motor threw a rod so bottom end is done but from the good remaining parts is there anything I should swap onto my 6.2 in the Burban other then the turbo I have a bank's kit already. Any help with these two problems would be appriciated.

On the bad engine all you can do is rip it apart and see what is left over still useable. Block, crank,oilpan is different 6.2-6.5.

No clue on trans. @THEFERMANATOR is the man with the plan for the trans.

Filling out your signature line like others do here will be helpful in sorting things out.
I only list my hummer, but most list all the different trucks they have so we can tell what is what exactly.

Fair enough thank you for the tip and as for the swapping I mentioned are there any parts in particular I should be trying to fix or save.

Not all parts work on both 6.2 &6.5, but the xtra parts are usually sellable if in good condition, or keep them around incase the current ones die. I tend to hold onto extra parts then give them to someone looking for the ones I don’t need.

I like to dismantle, scrub clean and hang onto any spare components. A person never knows when them kinds of things will come in handy.
Welcome to thetruckstop Riziko.

Update on the motor it shot the number 1 or 2 piston out of the bottom of the oil pan and I was told before it died that it supposedly lost oil pressure so nothing In the bottom end is good and the heads are scetchy.

So: ip with drive gears, alternator, starter & bracket, intake, cam &valvetrain. T-stat crossover, injectors and lines, glow relay, ffm. Timing cover and maybe waterpump backing plate. Thats worth disassembly, sell or trade the parts that dont fit your other one.

what part of the country you in? If things go right, I might need a bad block to rip main bolts out of it to see what power it takes.

lost oil pressure huh? Sounds like another oil cooler line failure

Back