• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trailer Light Connector

colbythekid

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I need to replace the 7-pin connector on the burb, and was wondering if there was an aftermarket harness that supplied but 4-pin and 7-pin connectors.

Thanks in advance.

Colby

I picked up the Hopkins 7-pin and 4-pin connector wiring harness. I am now trying to wire it up but am not sure about the proper wire for the reverse light. I have a pig tail coming from the front of the truck with a connection for the 4-pin direct plug in. There are two wires together that look to be higher gauge wire and are blue/red stripe and red.

Is there a dedicated wire for the reverse (purple) wire on the 94? Or do I need to splice the wire on to the wire powering the reverse light on the truck?

Thanks for your help.

Colby

I pulled out one of the tail lights and probed it while it was in reverse to figure mine out. I do not remember the color.

On my 95 there was 2 trailer light harness's. The blue and red heavy gauge wires run up under the hood on the drivers side under the brake booster, the red is to supply battery positive to the trailer, and the blue is for electric trailer brakes. I then had another harness with 5 wires in it for the rest.

Back