• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tractors - Post them.

what size corn head do you have 6 or 12?? an do you have to travel on the roads to get from field to field with it? were looking into getting a caseih 2144 combine with a 6row there kind of hard to come by due to there smaller size or a 1666 caseih. the only thing were a little consirned about is driving it to the fields we have about 12miles away.

Here's the 9870 deere and 580r Lexion with 12 rows. Stopping for dinner one evening.
sunsetcombines.jpg

Some oldies in Grandpa's barn.
DSC01260.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

Tractorsinshed.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

8410 and the bean planter
DSC00278.jpg

8430 and 24 row planter
DSC00275.jpg

Last year's rental combine unloading on the go.

Dad planting corn with the 765 and 24 row.

9860 and grain cart
DSC00630.jpg

Last years harvest outfit.
9760, 9860 and 9600
DSC00613.jpg

what size corn head do you have 6 or 12?? an do you have to travel on the roads to get from field to field with it? were looking into getting a caseih 2144 combine with a 6row there kind of hard to come by due to there smaller size or a 1666 caseih. the only thing were a little consirned about is driving it to the fields we have about 12miles away.

we have an 8 row head on the 9660. we leave it on going down the road and we travel about 25 miles from field to field.

nice pics ryan. how'd the cat run? guys either love them or hate them from what i've picked up around here.

Well i dont have many pics of all of our stuff. But ill make a list then post the few pics i do have. Our farm tries to be Case IH but my dad has a tendancy to buy whats cheap from time to time.

Tractors and such are

Case IH MX255
Case IH MX240
Case IH Puma 210
Case IH 8940
Case IH 7110
Buhler 2145
Agco DT200
White 8610
Case 2390 (sits on shit pump)
IH 856 (sits on shit pump
IH 856(sits on rototiller for compost barn)
IH 826 (sits on shit pump)

Other Stuff

Volvo L60E Wheel Loader
Case IH 2366 Combine
John Deere 7350 ProDrive Chopper
New Holland HW365 18 Disc Windrower
3 New Holland LS170 skidsteers
John Deere 675B skid steer
Ferris IS3100Z mower
And a gator of course

Hay and Forage Implements

Pottinger Novacat V10 32' Mower (New for 2010)
2 H&S 24' Wide Body Silage Wagons
H&S 22' Silage Wagon
Miller Pro 18' Silage Wagon
Degelman 12' 5900 Silage Blade
Oxbo 334 34' Merger
Miller Pro Tedder
New Holland 9' discbine (for pastures and small grass fields)
Haybuster 1100 Tilt Tub-Grinder

Tillage Implements

28' Wil-Rich Field cultivator
9 Shank krause chisel Plow
22' Great Plains Turbo-Till
25' Brillion Mulcher
25' Brillion Pulverizer
John Deere 1560 No-Till Drill
Kinze 3200 12 row econofold planter
Brillion 12' Sure-Stand Alfalfa seeder
Blu-Jet 5 shank Subsoiler
Case IH 12 row cultivator

Other Implements

Kinze 640 Grain Cart
Balzer 6350 Tanker
Knight 8132 Slinger
Knight 8030 Slinger
Hagedorn Push Spreader
Gehl Grinder Mixer Mill
Automatic Roller Mill
Balzer 1500 Stalk Windrower
Brillion Stalk shredder
Demco 1250 Sprayer with 90' boom

Semis/Trailers

01 Freightliner FLD12064SD w/470hp Detroit 60 series, Eaton Fuller 13spd
95 Mack CH613 with 22' Silage Box. 350hp Mack, Eaton 10spd
94 White/GMC With Rotomix 620-16 Mixer. 310hp M11e Cummins, Eaton 9spd
90 IH 8200 with some kind of mixer on it. 280hp L10 Cummins, Eaton 9spd

08 Northern 4008s 40' Apron Floor Trailer with 1.5' silage racks, and grain hopper attachment
96 Brenner 6500gal Direct Ship Milk Tanker

Thats all for now that i can remember. Dairy farms have a lot of money tied up in equipment. Theres a few big things were looking at doing for next year. We already bought the 32' mower. We want to trade the 7350 Deere for a 940 Claas or at least put an 8 row head on the Deere. The combine needs to go. Looking at used 2577s or possibly a 6088 Case IH. Also going to need another semi tractor next year. Looking for a 2000 or newer Pete 378 or 379 short hood or a Kenworth T800 or W900L with at least 450hp (C15 or N14 or ISX) and either a 13spd or 18spd.

Thats my rant for now heres some pics.

16bce6e214f7.jpg

Combining some corn. 2366 is a little small to cover 1300 acres. Plus its got 2400 seperator hours on it.

168678.jpg

The chopper were hoping to trade the deere for

1d88436f3b59.jpg

Our Chopper

2fece17eb9e8.jpg

My Buddies 1468, not ours but it deserves to be on here.

85444000a23d.jpg

Me The Freightliner and the Northern hauling corn cobs which we grind for bedding.

af3d0f11d2c6.jpg

The Pack Tractors

cd77d52e73fb.jpg

chopping some hay

e172f0754deb.jpg

Milk Tanker

f17480e6ad7e.jpg

Our Beat up HW365

yourfile.gif

The new mower we bought this is just a random pic i found.

5c8ad585bda1.jpg

A crew i chopped with in NW illinois. Not our equipment but its a cool pic. They do about 3,000 acres of custom corn silage harvesting.

we have an 8 row head on the 9660. we leave it on going down the road and we travel about 25 miles from field to field.

nice pics ryan. how'd the cat run? guys either love them or hate them from what i've picked up around here.

nice you guys are serious i can tell ya that i cant wait to get bigger. Ill try to get a few pics tomorrow.

Durallymax thats one big pile of nice equipment you have how do you like that puma 210?

We bought it new spring of 08 and there was only one person out of 20 who would actually drive it without complaining. It rode like shit and the controls sucked.

When we bought it we bought it with the 19th gear but it was the effienciency gear. So the tractor was not a high speed model and when we raised the RPMs to let it go 32mph the ride did get worse.

We also hacked apart the right armrest and turned that big stupid post that the shifter is mounted on, into the throttle so that it was similar to the MX Magnums.

After having it for awhile its not the worse to run. But it still doesnt ride very nice and the seat is like a plain board.

As for power and such, its nice, gets good traction and everything. Just not the nicest to operate. We havent had any issues with it either and have about 850 hours on it.

Couldnt you order the air seat when you got it or no? I find it hard to belive that it rides as bad as you said it does.

It has air ride but still rides rough the magnums ride way better. Personally I'm used to fendts so everthing even my truck rides like crap compared to those things

fendts well theres your problem there the cady of tractors. One more question whats the size difference between the magnum an the puma? were lookin to get a bigger tractor down the road when we get a little bigger an was wondering whats the big difference. I do know the new small magnums have the 6.7cummins like the puma's an the bigger ones have the 8.3 an the 9.0liter cummins. is there anything else besides motor or what? thanks for your time.

Currently its a little hard to keep track of what Case IH is doing with the Magnum lineup.

The Pumas are your moderate sized row crop tractors. They can run small tillage tools and are a good tractor to put on a sprayer or a rake or slinger, you know jobs that dont require a heavy tractor.

Thats the biggest thing is the weight and what they are rated to handle. A puma 210 or even 225 has plenty of power to pull a lot of things but the rest of the tractor isnt necessarily up to par.

The Full out Magnum is the workhorse and is built to handle nearly anything a decent sized farm could handle. Between our farm and my uncles our equipment covers nearly 2,000 acres in addition to normal dairy farm chores and as you can see in the list above, Magnums are our biggest tractors.

Now there is also the new Mini Magnums I call them. I dont know what the actual meat and potatoes difference is between it and the puma though. But they do have the magnum cab which is very nice.

Then theres the magnum 225 which is kind of its own little deal.

Im not sure if the 9.0L is a cummins or an iveco

We got a little over 400 acres at the farm, but most of the fields we have are spread out outside of the farm we had a little more then 100acres this year an next year we have found more ground yet. We're lookin for a tractor to pull a 12row planter when we get it, a large square baler, an a grain cart when the time comes, Im very well certian a puma 180 or 210 will handle this fine, but as you were saying with the mini magnums thats a tractor im interested in a 180,190 or 210 magnum, but cant seem to find much out about them sence there pretty new to the market.

An im not positive about the engine make either all I know is caseih has a joint venture with cummins an iveco for there engines but they only mark the 15liter as a cummins for some reason. both the engine companies have motors of the same displacement just have to see one to know.

Last edited:
Well cummins did announce they were going to break off from the European Engine alliance but i dont know if they ever did or not.

The european engine alliance was formed by CNH, Iveco, and Cummins.

The motor really doesnt matter i guess though. They all work good and they all have issues. But most are usually pretty soild right out of the factory these days, since farmers are usually very loyal to their brand of equipment.

A puma would most definately handle it just fine. but a Mini Magnum would be a lot nicer for the operator. Just have to see what you can afford i guess.

A Magnum 225 would be cool, with the CVT, but its their first year so who knows.

yes money is always a factor for some reason. lol Im just glad Ive found a good site with good people that know what there doing to get advice from there past experiences, just want to say thanks to you all.

an the 225 shouldnt really have a problem well i wouldnt think so the CVT trannys have been out in europe for sometime now an are doing well in the CVX line of tractors thats really the only thing new i belive. Still one nice ride have to say.

true. Another thing to consider is that if a mini magnum or puma will get the job done then get it.

Big tractors are nice but a smaller lighter tractor reduces compaction.

Just got some more info on the mini magnums.

They have the same wheel base and cab as the big magnums but with the guts of a puma by the sounds of it. So they all have the 6.7. However the 225 has the 8.3 and only comes with the CVT. The 225 Puma only comes with the CVT too. All Pumas and magnums have the CVT as an option. This may not be instone yet though.

Here is a video of our merger i made this summer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBuvkhtEup4

Back