• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Torque specs on oil filter adapter bolt?

Reaction score
Ladies and fellas I just put in Leroys oil cooler and line kit and Im getting a little seepage coming from somewhere hard to pinpoint....w a possibility being the banjo bolt that mounts the 4x4 oil filter adapter.... i just torqued it down w a regular ratchet without doing any research as to it having actual torque specs. With that being said, this is my research on torque specs. Anybody know if/what that might be? thank you in advance!

Where does the crush washer go?

I had my adapter on and off a few times and have no memory of it.
The copper washer is only used on certain adapters, 95 & earlier, I don't know the adapter part numbers.

The washer goes between the bolt head and adapter.

I think the way to tell is if a o ring is on the bolt and inside the housing where the bolt goes in, no washer.... But I don't have a drawing at this time.

Where does the crush washer go?

I had my adapter on and off a few times and have no memory of it.
Can’t find a drawing either. Can’t remember if my original 96 motor had one but, I’ve got it on my current 6.2. Between the bolt and the adaptor. In the shadow….
IMG_9132.jpeg
1713807949796.png

Last edited:
Back