• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Torque converter

Depending on Your location, it could be possible to travel into a non rust belt area and get a nice cab and chassis that has no rust.
Switch over the interior and the good components to the non rustacated unit and enjoy the feel and sound of that 6.2 Detroit.
If I was a betting man, I would bet that Your dad enjoyed the sound of that rattling Detroit.
I had a 1993 K1500 GMC and I really liked that truck.
Bit it was a 350V8.

Depending on Your location, it could be possible to travel into a non rust belt area and get a nice cab and chassis that has no rust.
Switch over the interior and the good components to the non rustacated unit and enjoy the feel and sound of that 6.2 Detroit.
If I was a betting man, I would bet that Your dad enjoyed the sound of that rattling Detroit.
I had a 1993 K1500 GMC and I really liked that truck.
Bit it was a 350V8.
Depending on what I find, I may have to do just that, but I'm hoping it's still salvageable. Bothers me that I can't work on it right now but not much a guy can do when there's close to 2 ft of snow where the truck should be and no heated garage or shop to put it in.
Yes, my dad enjoyed the sound of that engine. As do I. Ever since the first time I heard it. Or a 5.7L diesel from when I was a kid.
I wish it was a K1500 but, at least for now, I have to work with what I got.
I don't know if she'll be a restoration or just fix it enough to save it and enjoy it but I am VERY anxious to get her home.

It's always nice to keep a legacy alive like that. maybe if the rig is worthy of fixing up but keeping it as close as possible to how it was when your dad drove it around. painting a mural on the tailgate or something on the rear cab glass showing "In Memory Of.." with a embedded photo even if it's just to parade it around on special occasions and such!

It's always nice to keep a legacy alive like that. maybe if the rig is worthy of fixing up but keeping it as close as possible to how it was when your dad drove it around. painting a mural on the tailgate or something on the rear cab glass showing "In Memory Of.." with a embedded photo even if it's just to parade it around on special occasions and such!
I agree completely. Plus, I've always wanted the truck to begin with, lol.
Thanks for the idea of the tribute to my dad. Although, I'm not sure I want to keep the body the way he had it, the rest makes sense and I'm honestly not sure why I didn't think of it. I may just have to do something like that.

Back