• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Torque capacity of all GM t-cases

Those numbers look huge. What do they mean? Its not the engine output I would say.

I don't know what is a good applicable measure of strength or capacity for driveline stuff : GCVW, torque, HP?

Eaton seems to rate their transmissions to GCVW.

Thats gotta be a misprint for a GM version, I believe the torque rating on them is around 1800. Whats funny is there are 3 or 4 different 241's, and they only list 1. Even GM has 2 different 241's, 27 and 32 splin input. Then throw DODGE into the mix with 3 different versions. The 243 I believe is the same case as the 241, just electric shift, and it's torque rating is only 1785. And it should be noted this torque rating is the torque input multiplied by the 2.72:1 or whatever low ratio is to get the torque multiplication factor. I know for a fact the 261XHD is MASSIVE compared to the 241, and they rate them almost the same in this chart.

Thats gotta be a misprint for a GM version, I believe the torque rating on them is around 1800. Whats funny is there are 3 or 4 different 241's, and they only list 1. Even GM has 2 different 241's, 27 and 32 splin input. Then throw DODGE into the mix with 3 different versions. The 243 I believe is the same case as the 241, just electric shift, and it's torque rating is only 1785. And it should be noted this torque rating is the torque input multiplied by the 2.72:1 or whatever low ratio is to get the torque multiplication factor. I know for a fact the 261XHD is MASSIVE compared to the 241, and they rate them almost the same in this chart.

I'll post an old NEW VENTURE CHART so we can compare and yes there are other variants for the 241 with parts differences.

I opened it up just fine.
FERM, thanks I suspect my sometimers illness is acting up again.

That chart is from before they shut down their New York plant. I did notice that the link I posted in NO 4 LOW makes note of 2 variants of the 246 autotrac too.

Last edited:
I'm finding many parts are different between the 241 variant's interesting is that the 246 used w/the 4L80/manual trans uses the same 6 pinion planetary as the 241 however the 246 for the 4L60 came in 4 pinion planetary version.

Back