• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

To Try Projectors Or Not?

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
I REALLY wanna Try Projectors on my Truck, but I don't want them to Suck.

There are 2 Styles Out for our Trucks now.

The 1 Style Keeps the Beams where they are, Adds a Projector, but puts a Lump in the Lens that makes our Headlights look like they have Boobs. :hihi:

Then the other Style I Found Swaps the Beam Spots, it puts the Low Beam Projector on the Inside, where the High Beam is, and Moves the High Beam to the Outside, where the Low Beam was. With these, the Lens Remains Flat.

I know with the First Style, a Kid I used to know had them on his 1500, and right outta the Box, the Adjustment Screws weren't even Connected Inside the Housing, so the Beam was unable to be Adjusted, and just Flopped around as he Drove.

But with this New Style I Found, they could be Good, or they could be just as Bad, and I haven't Found anyone Running them yet either.

The ones I used are a complete replacement for the old housings. So far I love em though. I don't get flashed by other cars even with the HIDS, and no glare to other drivers. I still get great light output though below the cutoff, and still a good amount of light above the cutoff.

Yea, but your Body Style is totally Different on your Truck (If you're Talkin about the Suburban). My Friend used to have a 2-Door Full Size Blazer, and had Projectors in it, and even with Halogen Bulbs, they were VERY Good.

TYC Projectors, with HID 5ks
Clean cut off also.
IMGP0819.jpg

IMGP0818.jpg

That's a GMC though. Output is gonna be way Different since they are Based Off the Denali Projectors.

I don't think they would be that much different. I've always had good luck with TYC brand lights. I'm sure they wouldnt be junk like most ebay lights.
Nevermind. Can't find any for ur truck. Sorry.

Last edited:
Back