• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tires

My Road King came with dunlops, and every single time I have hauled that fat bastard into a corner it has stuck, so I aint messing with it. The tire life may be an issue to some, but not me, as I replace the rear every year, and the front every other year, whether it needs it or not.

I will scrimp and cut corners on anything else, but not on tires.

Tim

I'm running factory size and style Dunlops on my bike as well. I get 10K max out of a rear and 20 out the front. I just say stay with The OEM tire and you can't go wrong.

Well I ordered a set of Michelins for mine at a cost of 325.00 I don't know why I have to have smart tires, hard center/soft outside, I don't ride it like a sportbike. It is just transportation to me, no racing or anything like that.....I just wanted a nice touring tire

the michelins were back ordered so I settled for the Dunlops Smart tires....will try them out and see what happens, drove down to Sarasota this week and so far it rides good, doesn't track grooves as bad as the Bridgestones did, just hope I get 10k miles out of them...

back tire was replaced, 5k miles was all I got out of them......went with Bridgestones, thats all the dealer had.......

And the dang Bridgestone didn't get crap out of it.....going to try to see if the Michelin Pilot Road 2 will be any better. 200 bucks for a rear tire....thats alot of money for one tire

I am pleasantly shocked. The Dunlops on my Screamin Eagle Road glide, now have 9800 miles on them, and still have lots of tread left. These are the 407's with a hard compound center and soft sides for better traction in the curves. First Dunlops I have ever liked on a harely

Back