• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tires

SfcJones

A(ACLU) SGT. SLAUGHTER
Reaction score
Whats the best high milage tire that you have used on your bike, I am looking at Avon tires

I've heard to expect 10k-11k miles on these before they are replaced.....what do you think,

I have never used the Avons. I did not like Dunlops, low milage out of the tire and not good in the rain.

I like the metzlers, I have got pretty good milage out of them, they are good in the rain and do not track groves like the dunlops did...

I have the Pirelli Corsa III and it has got to be the best tire I ever ran!!!! The unfortunate thing is that my bike is totaled because I got rear ended so its sitting in the garage till I can fix it.... I love my baby to much to scrap it, lol.

Fronts, easy

So far in the rear, my Triumph has 6k and about 50% at best, my Ducati has 3k on the rear Avion, easy 60% plus left as long as I 'curve' it out a bit.

my bike was totaled too, bought a new one and I am almost healed, ankle is still alittle sore sometimes. That bike had Avons on it and I like the way it handled. The new bike has Bridgestones that are dual purpose? Hard middle and soft sides for curves

The pirelli street tires seem to wear well, me I only used the DOT race tires, rear never lasted past 1500 miles..:smilielol5:

I don't know, I'm running Dunlops on my bike. They are the original tires that came with the bike new and I think I'll have to replace them this year. 12k+ on them now. I guess it would all depend on how you ride as to what tire is best. Since my bike isn't a sport bike I try not to ride her like that.

Looking at the back tire on my deuce it looks like a cheater slick. Then you see the sidewall of it and it says Dunlop. I have about 6,000 very hard miles on it and it is well over due to replace it. I have always hated Dunlops, I think I'm going for Michelin's for it this time.

I've heard to expect 10k-11k miles on these before they are replaced.....what do you think,

Really depends on the size of the bike and how you ride.I think Avon makes a couple of different compounds though.I had the soft ones can't remember which,but you could stick your nails into them fairly easy.I was real lucky to get 8k outta mine on the Road King.The Rigid custom I had well...about 3k on the rear lol.

Looking at the back tire on my deuce it looks like a cheater slick. Then you see the sidewall of it and it says Dunlop. I have about 6,000 very hard miles on it and it is well over due to replace it. I have always hated Dunlops, I think I'm going for Michelin's for it this time.

Me too. They are not real good in the rain, they track every grove in the road, and do not stick great in the corners. They also do not last all that long. I like the Metzlers, but I have been thinking of trying the Michelins....

I run the Michelin LTX's on my Blazer and loved them.
As soon as I can get the money together I'll be putting Michelin LTX A/T 2 on the truck.

Um, unless your bike is a Boss Hoss or doing the Glodwing rear car tire conversion.........we are talking about bikes.:crazy::svengo:

Understand.... just stating the fact that I had good luck with them and will put them on the truck also. I have Dunlops on the bike right now with 12K+ on them. The rear need to be replaced this year and will most likely put Dunlops back on. Haven't decided yet.

No biggie:sifone: I use Michelin on all 60 of my work trucks. My 2 sportbikes have Avon's and My V-Max has Dunlop's. Only 2 manufactures make the rear tire for my V-Max and the choises are Dunlop or Bridgestone......and I wouldn't use a Bridgestone/Firestone on my lawnmower.:shiiiiiite::puke:

No biggie:sifone: I use Michelin on all 60 of my work trucks. My 2 sportbikes have Avon's and My V-Max has Dunlop's. Only 2 manufactures make the rear tire for my V-Max and the choises are Dunlop or Bridgestone......and I wouldn't use a Bridgestone/Firestone on my lawnmower.:shiiiiiite::puke:
That sums up how I feel about Dunlops:yikes:

my bike was totaled too, bought a new one and I am almost healed, ankle is still alittle sore sometimes. That bike had Avons on it and I like the way it handled. The new bike has Bridgestones that are dual purpose? Hard middle and soft sides for curves

The pirelli street tires seem to wear well, me I only used the DOT race tires, rear never lasted past 1500 miles..:smilielol5:

The Corsa III is like the bridgestone dual purpose but a hell of a lot better...the center is harder and takes a while to warm up but the side are soft and hella sticky...I will never run anything else again...Give them a shot, you won't be disappointed...I was a dunlop only guy before, wouldn't ever run anything else...to the point that I wouldn't buy my bike till they switched out the bridgestones for me....I got the pirellis for free to try them out and I will never go back!!

Well the rear tire is about had it, a buddy of mine got 10k out of the OEM Bridgestone and I have just over 6k miles. He put Michelins and got 6k so I am wondering what else that is out there.....

I layed 2 bikes down with bridgestones..both after track days...once you heat them up good, they will never stick again....Dunlops are good for 2 maybe 3 good track days before they won't stick anymore...avon is a good touring tire, and metzlers are like shinko...a good economical tire but from what I have seen they wear quick.....Like I said before, The CORSA III from pirelli is the best tire I have ever run, sticky over and over again on the sides, hard in the center for good wear....and they are sticky out of the box, no wear in time needed....

Back