• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tire Wear on My Blazer

cornemuse

Reaction score
'84 diesel Blazer. The left front tire on my Blazer has started wearing rubber (a lot) off the outside edge, 'like too much toe-in?', but only on left tire. Has not been off-road for 6-7-8 years, no curb banging or similar abuse. Not even sustained 2wd off road use. With the solid axle front diff, the only adjustment is toe-in-toe-out & adjustment for 'centering the steering wheel'.
Are there adjustments I dont know about?? I need to fix this before replacing the tire, , , ,

Wear is way out on the edge of the tire.

-corne-

So what was causing your truck tire to wear out?

Original set front end out of alignment after 35 years. what a nightmare that was to fix.
If you are not familiar, (I was not), there are several 'cones' with offset threads for adjusting. This "alignment shop" sent my car to another "shop", as they could not get the adjusters out, second shop, after finally getting alignment set, rattled the lug nuts on so tight the nuts and rims were ruined, tire shop would not install new tires till I got new rims and lug nuts. (they paid both).
It was a chore to find original/stock steel rims.

edit: just remembered:

https://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/t...tock-rims-for-my-84-blazer.48241/#post-575465

Original set front end out of alignment after 35 years. what a nightmare that was to fix.
If you are not familiar, (I was not), there are several 'cones' with offset threads for adjusting. This "alignment shop" sent my car to another "shop", as they could not get the adjusters out, second shop, after finally getting alignment set, rattled the lug nuts on so tight the nuts and rims were ruined, tire shop would not install new tires till I got new rims and lug nuts. (they paid both).

https://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/t...tock-rims-for-my-84-blazer.48241/#post-575465
They didn't change out the damaged studs too? "I strongly suggest making them pay too change the the studs whenever nuts are damaged from some incompetent individual over torquing them."

I can just imagine the hassle it caused you.

I had a brand new Volvo in for service and rotation of tires, I picked it up upon leaving the lot it felt like I was hitting pot holes on a smooth road, go back to dealer some idiot put everysingle lug nut on backwards and I demaned all new studs nuts and wheels true story.

I had a brand new Volvo in for service and rotation of tires, I picked it up upon leaving the lot it felt like I was hitting pot holes on a smooth road, go back to dealer some idiot put everysingle lug nut on backwards and I demaned all new studs nuts and wheels true story.

Good course of action.

No Lube. Extreme forces and hammering. Wear happens quick (To the studs, rim, and lug nuts) and if not caught fast enough even loose lugs from not seating the studs in all the way will have the wheel and tire depart the vehicle in an exciting manor. Here is damage to studs and rim hidden by just running the lugs back on. Had to break some studs to get the wheel off. Happened quick no doubt...

Back