• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tinted Windows, How Dark Are Yours? Cost?

CORVAIRWILD

Reaction score
In Arizona, buying another diesel Suburban
I would like to tint mine. I know it's illegal, but as I understand it, they fine you, rarely unless for another violation, and let you keep the tint, so you can be fined again.

How dark have you done yours? Cost? Tickets?

Attachments

• CIMG1025 (Small).JPG
    CIMG1025 (Small).JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG9632 (Small).JPG
    CIMG9632 (Small).JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 1
  • CIMG9624 (Small).JPG
    CIMG9624 (Small).JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 5
  • CIMG9625 (Small).JPG
    CIMG9625 (Small).JPG
    45 KB · Views: 4
Limo all windows and strip on the windshield. All my cars and trucks before the second oil change. Roll down all the windows before cop gets out of his car and they usually dont care. If they can see in while approaching they know its safe

If you like to see out of your windows at night... This is a big disadvantage of tinting is you can't see anything at night. Bad for making sure the intersection is clear before you get hit in the door. You may find yourself rolling down windows at night to see.

I would take it easy with the tinting darkness. Out here tinting is required to stay cool in the summer.

Good point WW.

Oh yeah that is such a habit I didn't even think to mention it, my windows that dark when I back up at night I do have to roll down my windows to see good out the side mirrors. Of coarse here it's not like rain or anything will come in the windows!

I have 20% on my truck. Had 15% on a car I just got rid of. Neither were too dark to see out of.

How dark you should go depends on what you want, the laws and the desire of local agencies to enforce them. I've never been bothered and have never heard of Leos bothering others about tint here even though 35% is the max you're supposed to have on the front windows.

That said 15% is really dark. I probably wouldn't go under 20% again.

Forgot to mention, if you are wanting to block the heat get the ceramic type it is worth the extra cash. Cheapest time of year to get it is usually November.

Mine are 5% and yeah seeing looking the side mirrors at night requires rolling down the windows. 20% is usually plenty dark.

2.5% all around on mine, Solid Black Vinyl Strip across Top of Windshield and Moonroof.

I Love it, but at Night, I need to Roll Down the Windows if I need to See to the Sides.

Mine was about $160 for the whole Truck.

I went super light, I think the lightest or second lightest available. still seem to see good at night, but cuts the sun a tick, so i am happy. But I also like rubber floors and hand cranks, so your satisfaction with super light tint may vary.

I went to a shop that used 3M, and made sure to get the stuff that looks black, no dumb purple wal-mart tint for me.

In case anyone is concerned that I spent money on something, dont worry. I won a gift certificate, so the tint job was like 50 bucks and was genuine 3M, so I got it for a steal. plus it was the beloved 91 GMC, so it can have a little love. :)

15% on the front two. Matching on the sides and back. $150 for mine. I can see very good at night.. the trick is, don't use a tint shop with cheap tint. :)

Back