• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TIMING WRENCH

NoInterstates!

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Found this wrench at Lowes for about 40 bucks in Alaska. Probally 5 bucks down there in the lower 48. Last time,(the first time) I timed my truck, I had a real hard time with the bottom passenger IP nut. This little wrench makes both the bottom IP bolts about a 30 second job. Worked so good it would be wrong of me not to tell you all. Its called a GearWrench S-Shape. This set comes with 2 wrenches, one 17/15mm and one 13/15mm. Hope this helps someone. Take care all.

Attachments

• TIMING WRENCH 1.JPG
    TIMING WRENCH 1.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 38
I've seen them in tool catalogs for over $90 for that set. I bought a cheap set of offset box wrenches and i'm going to heat and bend to fit. I'm too cheap to pay that much for 3 wrenches.

I've seen them in tool catalogs for over $90 for that set. I bought a cheap set of offset box wrenches and i'm going to heat and bend to fit. I'm too cheap to pay that much for 3 wrenches.

PUT IT ON MY CHRITMAS LIST

OTHER WISE I`LL HAVE TO DO THE SAME, I LIKE BEING CHEAP when in need :D

Does not work on 97+ dual stat gets in way if you are just adjusting time, with cooling manifold removed and AC out of way it mite work, OTC tool set is one you want for hassle free but it ain't cheap

Back