• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Time to unveil another product ( GLOW PLUG TOOL )

I was lucky and none broke off, but if one did it could wedge in the GP hole. You may need to tap on it with a small punch. Then try above solution or a small magnet.

I am very interested (obviously) to hear what you come up with and how some of the other GPs do.

The guy that bought 5 of them from Finland reported back. He only used one of the GP removal tools he bought, but said it worked perfectly. He is going to be giving the other 4 away to his customers. Nice guy.

Here's what I used: 18V 1/4" impact driver (It will take off most tire lugnuts!), 1/4 hex to 3/8 socket adapter, 2 6" extensions, 3/8 Ujoint, then 7/16 socket. 13/16 wrench to hold outer part of GP tool. Remove or push aside your splash sheilds on your inner fender.
I have a 1/4" 18V impact driver ordered. I'll be trying other GPs when it arrives and I get my
adapters like FastJohnny is using.
Fastjohnny; Any advice as to where the best place is to get the 1/4" hex to 3/8" socket adapter?:thumbsup:

I have a 1/4" 18V impact driver ordered. I'll be trying other GPs when it arrives and I get my
adapters like FastJohnny is using.
Fastjohnny; Any advice as to where the best place is to get the 1/4" hex to 3/8" socket adapter?:thumbsup:

Harbor Freight Sells em if you have one close.

Thanks for the advice Matt!
I would hate to break one off with high torque. I assume you mean to keep the RPM slow and low.
I'll try Harbor freight. We have several locally.

The impact drivers don't have torque settings. If you've soaked them with penetrating fluid, they should let loose. If the tips break, just punch them through and go in the injector hole.

On the adapter, HF is good, just about anyplace has them, Lowes, lumbar yard, hardware store, etc.

Good luck.

Hey guys I bought two of these tools from Leroy. They work great I use one everyday at work. I work for the government rebuilding the humvee 6.5 NA's, 6.5T and some 6.2's. Anyway I see some gnarly things happen to glow plugs at work. Its a great tool and works better than a prybar and vise grips. Just wish i woulda thought of it!

Back