• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Throttle sensor ,ground or ecm !??? Please help if anybody else has had this problem

Michael barnes

Reaction score
94 6.5 turbo diesel 6’lift 6’ exhaust electric lift pump on side rails d performance fuel box relocated
About three weeks ago starter bolt sheared and new fly wheel and starter installed a week or so after that engine started sputtering g sputtering popping like air or bad fuel mixture drai clean out tank new fuel and Lucas additive added a little better but not 100% then foggy things with rpm mph battery and fuel gauge either not working or Dan I g back and forth I thought must be a bad ground download a paper with lime 17 ground locations checked them all replaced fuel fill ground and new gauge fuse all start working except the fuel gauge I take a trip thinking g that truck is ok pretty far up north in Wisconsin notice my tire getting low I pull over truck dies won’t start batteries dead wiggle starter wire to find out it is loose make a fix on that soldered a new copper end on and tape very well jump the truck and get to my spot shut truck off only to find out when I start it shears another starter bolt off extract broken bolt install new bolts and now the starter dances on the fly wheel and won’t engage front bracket is on and tight before starter bolt sheared codes popped up 49 service throttle soon could this be the problem with all the electrical issues and sputtering loss of power I’m experiencing or ground em more likely the culprit I don’t know a lot about these engines but am learning and willing any advice would help tremendously

Check the throttle position sensor with a ohms and volts meter.
I dont know the process but others in the forum might.
There is also, on the front page of the forum a bunch of sticky notes. It is possible that the diagnostic process might be in one of those.
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome.

Have you tried your spare pmd?
replace the 1/4” fuel return line with clear tubing and have someone cranking while you watch the fuel flow for debris or bubbles.

Please space out your typing a little bit, it makes reading it easier for everyone on phones- which is most folks.
If you put the vehicle description in your signature, each time you post it shows up automatically to help folks reading along in diagnostic. Marty’s is a good example, mine is mild because few alterations were done.

Welcome.

Have you tried your spare pmd?
replace the 1/4” fuel return line with clear tubing and have someone cranking while you watch the fuel flow for debris or bubbles.

Please space out your typing a little bit, it makes reading it easier for everyone on phones- which is most folks.
If you put the vehicle description in your signature, each time you post it shows up automatically to help folks reading along in diagnostic. Marty’s is a good example, mine is mild because few alterations were done.
I had to go scroll up and check. I dont see the sig. line in My posts some more now. Seems I used to be able to see it.
Guess the forum software might have changed so that the owner of a post dont see their own sig. linesz 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹

Quite possible. First photo is sideways (Landscape) second vertical (Portrait). Landscape shows site stats and signature, Portrait doesn't. My phone is an Android OS Samsung Galaxy A32 5G.Screenshot_20220605-122757_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220605-122816_Samsung Internet.jpg

It all depends on the browser and how up to date your phony is. there are a lot of so called newer phones out there that use yesterdays updates. I have found on several android phones they use random default pre-installed browsers. it all depends on the manufacture and the service provider they came from. example is Samsung phones and tablets that are from att they package the operating system with their apps and bloat ware that seems very annoying to lots of folks.. usually if I have an android tablet or phone, the first thing I do is root it or jailbreak it as they call it and ether remove all the crap and install what I want, or search for a custom operating system that was built from the base stock android os and not touched by any of these companies.

Apple I use for my daily driver on my phone. I switched years ago due to the mass advertisements that would pop up in the android notifications. Apple has a good handle on that side of things.

94 6.5 turbo diesel 6’lift 6’ exhaust electric lift pump on side rails d performance fuel box relocated
About three weeks ago starter bolt sheared and new fly wheel and starter installed a week or so after that engine started sputtering g sputtering popping like air or bad fuel mixture drai clean out tank new fuel and Lucas additive added a little better but not 100% then foggy things with rpm mph battery and fuel gauge either not working or Dan I g back and forth I thought must be a bad ground download a paper with lime 17 ground locations checked them all replaced fuel fill ground and new gauge fuse all start working except the fuel gauge I take a trip thinking g that truck is ok pretty far up north in Wisconsin notice my tire getting low I pull over truck dies won’t start batteries dead wiggle starter wire to find out it is loose make a fix on that soldered a new copper end on and tape very well jump the truck and get to my spot shut truck off only to find out when I start it shears another starter bolt off extract broken bolt install new bolts and now the starter dances on the fly wheel and won’t engage front bracket is on and tight before starter bolt sheared codes popped up 49 service throttle soon could this be the problem with all the electrical issues and sputtering loss of power I’m experiencing or ground em more likely the culprit I don’t know a lot about these engines but am learning and willing any advice would help tremendously

Did you LOAD test (not voltage) test the batteries one at a time?

Back