• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

throttle not responding

deezl duly

Reaction score
Morning all. been out of the loop for a while..mostly work and the trucks been running great....until last nite. i was cruisin down the freeway on cruise when all of a sudden the cruise went off. whe i tried to pedal it...nothin. as i rolled to a stop i realize the engine was idling. i pushed the throttle and nothin.i kinda jiggled the harness to the actual pedal with no results. all of a sudden the engine started to accelerate. turned the key off, and when i restarted it it was fine.this happened two more times in the remaining 15 mile ride home. the last ten miles was fine.could it be the actual pedal assy, or maybe just a quirk? sure dont want to get stranded its tough puttin that beast on a flatbed. hope u are all well and as always thanks in advance for any and all help...

cruise is working now pulled the codes all 4 of them are accel position related.. i assume ill have to replace the pedal assy. are these readily available .is it a dealer item or heath maybe. open to suggestions thanks

Following with interest as I had the same issue Friday with the self acceleration but not the dead pedal or cruise. To repeat AK's question, did you have an SES light?

As for replacement, you could try a recycle / pull it parts yard replacement item or find someone who's parting out their truck (thanks Big-T). Heath isn't a marketer but LMC has them listed for the low low price of $500:eek: OUCH!

It is a symptom of a bad PMD. IIRC pedal has 3 signals from it and ecm only needs two so that means you have to lose two for pedal to not work. Chances are its a PMD if its not you need a spare anyway right.

i never got any ses codes but looking in the archives someone posted that u may not get any,thats why i pulled the codes. as it turns out all 4 codes were related to the accel pedal position. i recently replaced the pmd, so i was pretty sure it wasnt that(although ive also read there are many faulty ones)i overnighted the pedal assy and seems to be workin so far. ill keep u posted sorry it took so long to answer im a trucker and had a two day trip.thanks for all ur help.awesome site.

Check PCM pink wire at C1 that it has power......block closest to firewall on blue connector on top C1..... check underhood connector block [firewall passenger side third stud in....... for pink wire after block and fuseable link for power then at PCM}

Be sure you unplug the PCM connector from the PCM before you probe the pink wire C1 for power it's hot all the time if not broken from junction block on firewall to the PCM

drove the truck a few times with the new pedal assy...checked codes none...seems to have fixed the prob.kinda weird that u can have all those codes and never get a light.the more i learn the less i understand....thx for all the help.

Back