• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

This is where I'll be reviewing the transmission kit I bought (pics)

This brings up a good point...maybe some phone calls from "prospective" ;) ;) buyers are in order...Letting them know that you are interested in one of their kits...but will not make a decision until their customer service issues are resolved...
You know, I was thinking of spreading my little story over every forum I'm a member on. I didn't find any experience with these transmissions on any diesel boards. I could get some out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
They said that is for shipping, and for restocking fees. They said there was no damage so they are charging restocking. I told them I took pictures of the damage, he asked for them so I sent them a link to this thread.
My lawyer is free (to me), so bring it on.

I don't see where they mention a restocking charge. Looking at the pictures they have of the rebuilding area the place looks like a dump. Hopefully the bank can help you out but if the lawyer is free take it to them. Did you order your new stuff yet?

Terms & Conditions

You will always be contacted on transmission orders for additional information. Your credit card will be charged on transmission and parts orders at time of purchase. Enter any comments or questions you have in the comment box above left. Contact us at 1-888-8771008 on any changes to your order. In the comment box (special instructions) enter, YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, MOTOR SIZE, TRANSMISSION TYPE and any other information we may need to fill your order correctly. This is needed to avoid a phone call to you. In the 48 States parts will be shipped UPS Ground, if you want next day or 2nd day UPS tell us in the comment box, above left. WARNING: OUR COMPUTER HAS RECORDED YOUR IP NUMBER.​
To continue you must check this box acknowledging that you accept our Terms & Conditons.

That is bull. If you don't get every penny back I would warn people on every forum about their bad service.

I hope you get it sorted out right.

They said that is for shipping, and for restocking fees. They said there was no damage so they are charging restocking. I told them I took pictures of the damage, he asked for them so I sent them a link to this thread.
My lawyer is free (to me), so bring it on.

I was gonna suggest a link to this thread. Sometimes if they are aware of the exposure they are getting they change their tune.
Those guys are sure never gonna get any business from this forum now.

I hope you are able to recover what you have into it. 'Tis a shame to have to go through all this.

The link is a good idea but I would have forwarded the pictures via e-mail also. There is NO guarantee they will actually sign up to log in to view this thread.

I don't see where they mention a restocking charge. Looking at the pictures they have of the rebuilding area the place looks like a dump. Hopefully the bank can help you out but if the lawyer is free take it to them. Did you order your new stuff yet?

Terms & Conditions

You will always be contacted on transmission orders for additional information. Your credit card will be charged on transmission and parts orders at time of purchase. Enter any comments or questions you have in the comment box above left. Contact us at 1-888-8771008 on any changes to your order. In the comment box (special instructions) enter, YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, MOTOR SIZE, TRANSMISSION TYPE and any other information we may need to fill your order correctly. This is needed to avoid a phone call to you. In the 48 States parts will be shipped UPS Ground, if you want next day or 2nd day UPS tell us in the comment box, above left. WARNING: OUR COMPUTER HAS RECORDED YOUR IP NUMBER.
To continue you must check this box acknowledging that you accept our Terms & Conditons.

1. We reserve the right to charge a 20% restocking fee for all NEW condition parts items that are returned except transmissions and torque converters. This means we will not accept returns on items you have installed already and decided you didn’t like it or it didn’t fix your problem. Parts must also be in packaging suitable for resale. There's a 30% restocking charge on all uninstalled transmissions and torque converters plus you must pay all freight charges. If you cancel a transmission order before it has shipped, you will be charged a 6% processing and handling fee.
  2. Shipping costs are not refundable under any circumstance. If there was a mistake on our part on your order or you get a bad part, please call us and we will send a call tag. This applies to converter and parts orders for 30 days only.

http://www.partshp.com/Legal.htm

And THIS IS WHY I suggested a freight claim!

1. If you receive a damaged package, please keep all packaging. UPS or the freight company will want to inspect it when filing a claim. Call us for instructions on how to file a claim. Please inspect your package immediately upon receipt in the presence of the delivery person. Examine the box for any visible outside damage, as well as the parts inside for any hidden damage that may have occurred during shipping. In the rare event that your package is damaged in transit, you must file a claim with the delivery company immediately, as most delivery companies have set time limits on damage claims notifications. Failure to do so may result in the loss of your claim. Do not send the package back to us. The delivery company will send a representative out to your location to examine the package and its contents so it is very important that you retain all packaging until the claim is settled.

Even IF the freight company denied the claim do to POOR packaging on the shippers behalf it could and CAN make a difference in the final outcome. I know it's BS about doing it in front of the carrier,who does that anyway like a UPS driver is gonna stand on your porch while you inspect?

That is the PROBLEM with dealing with shitty businesses,live and learn!

It was def due to poor packaging. They sent it in used boxes that were not meant for that kind of weight. The box that the converter came in looked like nothing more than wrapping paper by the time it got to me. The same with the other box, every corner and edge on it was crushed. This is why cardboard boxes are rated for crush strength. I've received heavier stuff than this before, that had no damage to the packaging because the proper shipping container was used.
As far as a "call tag" or anything like that goes, I called and they said I didn't need one. I deal with this with vendors for work also. We call them RMA numbers (which is what I asked him if I needed, then even said Returned Material Authorization number to be sure he knew what I was talking about).

Well, a lot has happened since I originally bought that kit. When I did get my refund, I was starting to fall behind because we were slow. So I figured I would just get it with my tax return. Then I got laid off and needed that for bills. So now I am selling my wheeler to fund a kit. The kid who is buying it will be back on the 19th so I just requested a quote from Mike L. I can't wait to be able to hit my throttle more than half way.

Did you ever get the $390 back or did you have to eat that>???
Sorry to hear you have fallen on bad times, it is tough out there for a lot of people.

Did you ever get the $390 back or did you have to eat that>???
Sorry to hear you have fallen on bad times, it is tough out there for a lot of people.
I got it back for a little while. I had gotten a letter from my bank that I needed to fill out and didn't realize it when it got lost in the pile. Then I got a call from my bank and they said that they had to drop it because I didn't fill out and return that paper.

I got it back for a little while. I had gotten a letter from my bank that I needed to fill out and didn't realize it when it got lost in the pile. Then I got a call from my bank and they said that they had to drop it because I didn't fill out and return that paper.

That sounds like something I would do. I am horrible about forgetting about things like that.

well i hope all gets better soon. mike l will steer you right.
I don't know if he's mad at me for mot contacting him first or something, but he hasn't gotten back to me. So I called a suncoast dealer in the New England area and I am getting a quote on a sc IV from them, as well as getting a quote for them to install the kit in the tranny. I still have Mac's book and I feel horrible for still having it, even though he said not to worry about it. Things just haven't gone as planned for me.

If Mike isn't willing.

I would get George(Big Dipper) to do it.(he's sort of close to you)

He's as knowledgeable as Mike L.

mike l is really busy, i had a hard time getting a hold of him when i did mine. i would keep calling. or head to mcrats site and pm him there. he is there everyday.

and why would he be mad at you? unless there is something i dont know???

I don't know if he's mad at me for mot contacting him first or something, but he hasn't gotten back to me. So I called a suncoast dealer in the New England area and I am getting a quote on a sc IV from them, as well as getting a quote for them to install the kit in the tranny. I still have Mac's book and I feel horrible for still having it, even though he said not to worry about it. Things just haven't gone as planned for me.

I don't respond much to pm's. The proper questions never get asked or answered. You can call me with your questions or if you're not comfortable with that you can pm BIG DIPPER. I bet he feels as I do.:D Plus he knows 10 times more than I do. Pm him.:D

I don't respond much to pm's. The proper questions never get asked or answered. You can call me with your questions or if you're not comfortable with that you can pm BIG DIPPER. I bet he feels as I do.:D Plus he knows 10 times more than I do. Pm him.:D
I'm considering having someone else install the kit in the tranny if it's not outrageous anyways, so it's probably best if someone local handles it anyways. I did search for someone I had heard called the "east coast Mike L" and found that guy, and search a little further and found out he's in MD. I also found another sucoast guy who's a little closer, and I've heard some good things about him from other members, so hopefully I'll get some good support if there is an issue. Which is the point you had brought up earlier in this thread. But thanks for chiming in here, I figured you just must have been irritated that I went to a no-name to save some coin so you weren't responding. I had actually used the email link from your website lovrich7((at))sbcglobal((dot))net.
Now I just need that kid to get off his ass and buy my wheeler. He's been calling me for a month and asking me to hold it for him. He wanted to come by and get it a little over a week ago, but wanted his Dad to come with him. And his Dad couldn't make it before the kid went on vaca to Florida.

Back