• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"The Tick"

schulte

ACCELLERANT!!!
Reaction score
Most LB7 owners know what I'm talking about.... THAT ticking noise. GM seems to think it's no big deal.

One question for LB7er's though; ever notice it getting worse before a serious bang?

I hope not, some have suggest that after 220k miles I may have a fix by adjusting the valve lash, no one has told me for sure and for 500 bucks I want to be sure

bang... not yet. damn things been tickin since i got it. i keep my right foot planted most of the time so i cant hear it.

I'm assuming you guys are talking about something other than the normal tick that they all have. I've got a slight one after doing my head gaskets. I accidently swapped the racker assemblies and bridges around. So I will have to adjust them sometime.

No tick here...but my cluster gauges stopped working today..:D

Not to worry, I tugged on the wiring harness that goes to the fusebox on the side of the dash...and Wa La..gauges worked fine. Must be a bad conection in there..:nonod:

ticking could be injectors. I had a ticking before i put the new set in, and now its gone. You can use EFI or a scan tool and do an injector kill test to see if your ticking is cause from the injectors.

Joe

The only ticking I get is after an oil change... it usually goes away after a couple hundred miles....

I had the "tick" a long time ago...It went away at about 30K and I haven't heard it since. I have about 130K on it now. It went away before I installed my edge and straight pipe too. Strange. Engine still runs great though, on original injectors too!

6238.jpg

whats this tick sound like and when do you hear it? i do have an odd tick sound that i can hear when im sitting in the truck and its idleing but its only about every 10 seconds or so and almost seems like its coming from the door panel or drivers side mirror, ive never been able to track it down and its not very loud.

Back