• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The Stealth BOMB'r is under the knife

So, other than the nitrous, the Stealth BOMB'r V3.0 is now complete.

Here's the last things that needed to be done.

These are the EBC Ultimax rear brakes and the dash pod is painted to match the interior.

First impressions of the brakes, now that all the lines are bled......FRIGGIN' AWESOME!

Slide1-131.jpg

Slide2-131.jpg

Slide3-100.jpg

Slide4-68.jpg

Slide5-52.jpg

I sure do like those wheels...those might have to go on my truck next year...:thumbsup:

You know Dodge and GM share the same 8 x 6.5" Bolt pattern right :rofl:

Rich the truck is looking great as always. What made you go with those type of brakes? I wonder if they make them for front Dana 60's :D

Wow that's an impressive display of gauges. What are all of the gauges? I see Oil Pressure, Trans Temp, EGT
I assume you have boost too. What are the rest?

I may be adding a second trans temp gauge. One reading trans temp out of the TC and one in the pan.

I recently did my front brakes. I went with Circle Track Carbon Kevlar with gas slotted rotors. So far they have been great... nice and clean too. The factory pads were dirty pads. Couldn't keep the wheels clean.

Looking good!

Rich, did you have any problems getting the rear rotors off? Buddy of mine had a heck of a time because the inner shoes were hanging on the groove and he said it was real hard adjusting them back. I haven't done my rears yet.

I made one BS pass at the track last night.....mostly just to wind the motor up and roll a little coal.

Left it in 2WD so it wouldn't stress the motor too much yet......was pretty much useless, it blew the tires off all the way down the track. Didn't do a boosted launch, just left under normal pedal and it was rolling the tires before I hit the lights.

But, it ran good. Bounced off the low RPM rev limiter a few times. Rolled in an out of the throttle about half a dozen times going down the track and it just lit the tires each time.

This next 500 miles will get some more abuse and then we'll put 'er on the rollers.

You know Dodge and GM share the same 8 x 6.5" Bolt pattern right :rofl:

Rich the truck is looking great as always. What made you go with those type of brakes? I wonder if they make them for front Dana 60's :D

I went with those brakes because any time I've upgraded brake pads in the past, it's been with EBC and I've always had good results with them......not quite as dramatic as what they are on this, but always good results.

Whether it was sport bikes or my little Red Rocket ('05 Ford Focus that got driven like a go kart), I always put the EBC's on.

With this, I wanted to upgrade the rotors as well.

Thanks Rich,

Lot of time putting them all in. I assume you punched a bigger hole in the firewall.

If I had all that to look at I'd be driving into a tree...:eek:

I love it...being a gadget freak and all that...but that would kill me...

Just gotta prioritize....

That's why I have the pre-turbo EGT right there at the top and the oil pressure there to the far left.

Those are my 2 priorities, as those are the two that can cause BIG damage FAST.

Fuel pressure is with the rest of the gauges as I don't really want to look down there on a run and it's not something that will cause damage.

The less I'm concerned with a gauge, the farther out of my direct sight it goes.

Nope. I minimize the stuff running out of the cab. The only place I have wires running out is the where the clutch would be on a manual truck.

I have a plow on mine and a brake controller. I punched another hole through only because I simply ran out of room. If you get any gauge reading issues think about separating the wires. Sometimes electrical noise causes problems.

Weeeeeell.........

The Stealth BOMB'r got it's first speeding ticket last night.....not by me though.

My partner was taking a customer to NAPA to pick up a few things and took him in my truck.

Not 2 miles from the shop he got tagged for 56 in a 45.

DOH!

:rof:

The Stealth BOMB'r is officially broken in.

Hit 1000 miles on the motor today, re-lashed the valves again and swapped the oil back to the synthetics.

Purrin' like a kitten......a very angry, ready to pounce on yo azz kitten.....but purrin' none the less.

Gonna try to get up to Hux Racing tomorrow and get 'er strapped down.

Well, we hit the rollers today.

She drove up under her own power and got us back home.

Ended up doing about 18 pulls today, but fell a little short of the 800 HP mark....simply don't have enough turbo on it....that'll get remedied this winter.

Started out with 2 hardware only pulls, no tuning. It put down 513 HP / 935 TQ without any tune at all....stock software.

When all was said and done, we had it up to 771 HP and 1474 TQ.

The motor was FLAWLESS, never missed a beat. I couldn't be happier with the motor itself, just need to add more air. Fuel sure as hell ain't the problem.....got plenty of that.

Here's a couple pics. I'm working on the video now.....

On the dyno.....

Slide1-132.jpg

Marking it's territory.....

Slide2-132.jpg

Comparison from pre and post build. Settings on the Smarty were identical, but the on the March run I was using the water and meth. The temperature in March was 32* cooler and the humidy was 37% lower.....

Slide3-101.jpg

Great job Rich! Truck looks freakin' great and sounds like its purring real nice! I have subscribed to your youtube channel a little while back as well. My account name is surveyor43. Love all the truck videos you have up.

Nice work there Rich! This has been such a great thread...and you've put in a lot of time sharing this with all of us. Thank you so much.

Back