• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

the everpopular wax thread

Really? $7,600 for ****ing car wax? Yeah, it's an unlimited supply, but WHAT THE HELL? Does it come with a bevy of gorgeous women to apply said wax to my truck (and pole)? For that much money there better be a happy ending everytime my truck is polished...

There better be more than the truck getting polished for that :ihih:

my preference is meguires #26 on the body and zymol ( the cheaper $15 bottle from autozone) on the lexan retrax cover.The zymol is much easier to wipe off the retrax but I like the finish of the meguires on the paint bettter.

There better be more than the truck getting polished for that :ihih:

my preference is meguires #26 on the body and zymol ( the cheaper $15 bottle from autozone) on the lexan retrax cover.The zymol is much easier to wipe off the retrax but I like the finish of the meguires on the paint bettter.

Interesting, I've tried the #26 also, and gives a good shine, but the Zymol seems to leave a 'slicker" surface on my truck.

Interesting, I've tried the #26 also, and gives a good shine, but the Zymol seems to leave a 'slicker" surface on my truck.

I have used the meguires #26 for a few years and really like it. I tried the Zymol because a few of my friends rave about it. I tried it on the body and thought it was ok but found it leaving some water spots behind that the meguires took off easily. My retrax cover (lexan) has alway been hard to get the meguires off. The Zymol came off much easier and seemed to work pretty good there. Only thing I don't like about the Zymol is it dusts up a lot when removing.

Used to use meguires in the bottle (paste), now we're using Mothers in the can for everything.. trucks, tractors, boat, combine, etc. It goes on and comes off easy and I think its one of the longer lasting waxes too.

ch05500.gif

A couple of weeks ago I went through the effort of clay barring and waxing my truck. I used this to clay bar:
07240.jpg

Then I used this Turtle Wax Ice to wax:
pop_2_1_1_5_1.jpg

And used this Turtle Wax detailer to buff the waxed surface:
pop_2_1_1_2_1.jpg

Beautiful results, but it didn't last more than two car washes. I think I'll reserve using the Turtle Wax Ice wax for shining up the plastic surfaces, as someone previously mentioned in this thread.

I did a little digging on some auto body forums and decided to give this stuff a try:
permauto-new%5B1%5D.jpg

I was frustrated that the 6 or more hours I spent detailing my truck's finish only lasted about 2 car washes (I'd love to hear how a guy can wash, claybar, and wax a truck in 3 hours). This Collinite 476s wax is supposed to be "Detergent Proof". Guess I'll find out.

i use ardex products. they are the best by far. the wax i use is so easy on and off. no mess. lasts a good 8-9 months between coats. they have a huge line of products and offer great service. there is a dealer local to me so i can get it any time. i had swirl marks from one of the dumb asses here and went there to get something, well the guy sold me an orbital buffer and the right product, it worked wonders.

ICE Liquid Claybar followed by Meguiar's Three Step wax all applied/removed by my Cyclo:

fastlanemwd-store_2003_48494185

Been trying to get up early enough to wash my truck otherwise the soap will dry before I get chance to rinse her lol.Maybe tomorrow Arizona is getting warm early these days.I mostly use Maguires products though, think I have some Mothers around as well.

I use this cheap stuff made by Meguiars. Its called NXT Generation TECH WAX. Its a spray on wax thats 8 bucks a bottle, and lasts for like 6 applications to my truck. Its really good stuff and has to last at least a month. The truck looks so shiny when its done like its still wet.
Eagle one made a hard wax a while a go called the "wet look" in a black can. I used that stuff and was in love with it. Went to buy it again and it just completely disappeared.
My brother uses this stuff called Race Day. Ill post a pic of it later that comes in a spray can, that stuff rocks too.
Bill

Back