• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The death of a hotrod and the end of an era...

You can get away with running 295's on a stock DMAX with just cranking the T bars. You dont need a lift.

Chris, sorry for your luck...

I think the biggest difference is that you can't get a Cummins in a nice truck, but the Duramax comes with one.
And Duramaxes are holding all the drag racing records across the country.

I went with a DMAX because I know quite a few of the guys at the local GM dealership and they happened to have an 07 on the lot with 60 000 kms on it. It has warranty for 5 years 160 000 kms.

I would have just as easily stepped into a cummins but I loved the look of the LMM - kind of reminds me of my old 6.5....I will post pics of it once it gets washed - we have been stuck in a downpour for the past couple of days and the truck is extremely muddy!

I may want some parts. I should know around labor day if I'm getting the CUCV I have my eyes on. I'll need a turbo, entire front assbly(alt ps pulleys etc) so I can convert my project to be to a serp belt.

I knew that 6.5 was too much truck for you to handle...

Yeah , I don't know what to do with my spare time not fixing them...I might actually have to spend time with my in laws. Anybody selling a 6.5 ??
Keep ribbing my Dodge. I won't post my CUCV when I build it..Trust me, you'll want to see it.
I have a welder, torches , and a sick sense of humor.
This thing will knock down trees when I am done.
Anybody see "The Road Warrior" ?
Got my feelers out everywhere. I should be in possesion of one very soon.

Sorry to hear about the truck Chris. I've been looking at 08 GMCs LMM CC Dualllies. We need to see some pics!!!

Some pics from the dealership....

14158A_1_lrg.jpg

14158A_2_lrg.jpg

Not going to modify this truck yet....warranty is good for another couple of years and 100 000 kms....

No need to modify it yet anyways....power levels are, of course, not even comparable to the old 6.5....apples and oranges...

Back