• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The death of a hotrod and the end of an era...

Truck won't be hitting the track anytime soon...lol....gonna get a cheap camaro/firebird for a fun build up....now I have a rig to tow the car to the track with...

Thanks for the compliments....the payment is not cheap, but the warranty and the reliability of the DMAX and Allison combo is nice...

I'm worried for that nice looking Chevy. I know what happened to the last two ;>

Maybe you should put a big ol cowcatcher brushguard on it for them suicidal deer.

Well, since I'm still in the market for a woods beater, I'm gonna keep em for now. As it is I sold my injectors and crossover/DP kits in a firesale and will probably need them for what ever I buy so if I decide to sell them I'll let you know. I kinda owed Chris for his past help.

Well, since I'm still in the market for a woods beater, I'm gonna keep em for now. As it is I sold my injectors and crossover/DP kits in a firesale and will probably need them for what ever I buy so if I decide to sell them I'll let you know. I kinda owed Chris for his past help.

No worries, just didn't want them to go to waste.

Damn Chris!!! The drag truck blew it up!!! That is sad my friend. I really enjoyed watching your progress on that truck. It lived a good life and served you well, no regrets.

Good luck with the DMax! I am sure it will treat you right as well! Keep those time slips posted :)

Sitting behind one monstrous powerhouse, backed with an ALLISON tranny no less, and you want to fart around with a camaro?!?!?!?

D/A IS King...Fact.

I am always on the lookout for a cheap late 80's IROC. You never know what happens....still pretty giddy about the new ride....loving the DMAX power!

Sometimes, sort of wish that would happen to me...

...wanted a newer truck for some time, something in me though requires I drive 'em 'til they go no more.

Mine won't seem to quit...

Sometimes, sort of wish that would happen to me...

...wanted a newer truck for some time, something in me though requires I drive 'em 'til they go no more.

Mine won't seem to quit...[/QUOTE]

In my world, that would be a good thing.

...truck's old. gotta keep replacing cab corners, fenders, wheel wells, having pieces welded into the box, drivetrain won't quit...

I know, you are a body shop guy...you'd love me...

All kidding aside, DTR is all about Diesels, sure we all have our faves, and in this section, it's usually a 6.5, even the Duramax guys stop by to relish on when they had theirs....

I have driven a Duramax for work, it's now gone.. get stranded 160 miles from home on a mountaintop with it, cold camp in a repeater building, will strain your support for ANY rig.... Now I drive a Cummins service/fuel truck or when I have been really bad, a Ford Powerstroke twin turbo (ugh.. seriously)

Lets not beat each other over our choice of payment books....

Back