• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TH7004r on a 6.2, did they come in both spline count?

pxr5

Reaction score
I've been offered a 6.2 engine & box (7004r), very cheap, the box is still on the motor,the owner carn't find any numbers on the box.
Its quite a distance away, so question is did the 7004r box when fitted as standard to a 6.2 come with the puny 27t input shaft?.

What Is the problem with the 27t shaft, does it round off or does it just snap?
thanks

I believe the shaft change was by year, not application. So chances are a 6.2 could have the samller shaft behind it.

Yep beginning in '86 the TH700R4 went to 30 spline input across all applications.

27 is not that big a deal behind a mild 6.2 or 5. I've leaned pretty hard on a few in street hotrod setups.

The biggest PITA is the choices of torque converters are very limited for early 27 spline 700's. The aftermarket seems to cater more to the 30 spline 700's

I note your comments, the motor is for economy so thats good news! thanks for your help!

Back