• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Temperature control module

Plumbtech

Reaction score
I have a 1995 GMC C1500 5.7 liter extended cab 2 door SLE.
I am in need of the temperature control unit w/o rear defroster and I have not been able to find one. It seems this control was made only in 1995 because prior to 95 it was a push button and after 95 it connected with one square plug and one ribbon plug, mine connects with two square plugs with 6 wires on each. Does anyone have any idea where to find this unit?

About your only option right now is to go to a junkyard and get the plugs out if a 96+, adapt them into your 95, and use a 96+ control head.

Thanks for the answer, changing the wiring plugins has crossed my mind but was not sure exactly how much of a problem this would be. At this point it don’t look like I have any other options. I learned about this the hard way. I only intended to change the fan control switch but found like everyone says that the plastic on these things are old and brittle. Thank you again for your response.

Back