• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Teds Trucks n Stuff 6.5's

Mike K3500

Reaction score
Well guys, just to let you know, I'm on a Hella road trip from Michigan and I had the opportunity to stop and see Ted, Margaret, Ricky, and Jim...

I can tell you this first hand that they are some of the greatest people I've ever met. I got to see the whole operation, and more 6.5's in one place then most have ever seen, including all the cores that were rejected.

I was able to talk to everybody there quite extensively about how the engines are tested, prepped and shipped. I watched Jim run a lil video cam down all bores, I watched him compression test it 3 times to come come up with the numbers they send with the engines and watched him run it for oil pressure numbers too.

These great people DO what they say they do !!

If you read this Ted or Ricky, I just want to tell you guys thanks again.

Mike from Michigan

Yeah, I can't say enough good things about everybody there at Ted's !!

I was extremely excited to be able to stop by and look at their engines, and make a deposit on one until I return to Michigan. I will say this also, it was a very "interesting" drive back to their location.

While I was there I also added some injector lines to the purchase because I want my gnarly ones replaced.. and most the lines on these engines at Ted's look brand new.

They have several 6.2 and 6.5 engines tested, crated, out of the weather in storage, ready to ship and they look very nice.. soo some of you guys need to bust out your wallets and get yourselves one before they're gone.

They did not advertise scoping them before, and we just recently had a case where one had rusted cylinders in a Ted's engine, so since then maybe they added it. That was before your visit.

They did not advertise scoping them before, and we just recently had a case where one had rusted cylinders in a Ted's engine, so since then maybe they added it. That was before your visit.

I have been lurking this site for a short while before joining and am well aware of the engine that was shipped with rusted cylinders...

I had conversed with Ted and Ricky about the mishap, it was an engine that was to go to the reject pile and was accidentally cleaned and shipped. Ted was very embarrassed about it, but the problem was taken care of very professionally and very promptly. Couldn't ask for better customer service.

In my opinion, the original purchaser should have contacted Ted first before posting about the bad engine.. Because of that happening, too many members had too much to say, without knowing the situation first hand. All seems well now.

Mike

I have been lurking this site for a short while before joining and am well aware of the engine that was shipped with rusted cylinders...

I had conversed with Ted and Ricky about the mishap, it was an engine that was to go to the reject pile and was accidentally cleaned and shipped. Ted was very embarrassed about it, but the problem was taken care of very professionally and very promptly. Couldn't ask for better customer service.

In my opinion, the original purchaser should have contacted Ted first before posting about the bad engine.. Because of that happening, too many members had too much to say, without knowing the situation first hand. All seems well now.

Mike

A simple mistake.

It was handled very promptly and professionally from what I've read.

That's what makes the difference IMO.

:thumbsup:

Excellent Customer Service

It was handled very promptly and professionally from what I've read.

That's what makes the difference IMO.

X2 Customer Service doesn't get any better than that. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mike

This mistake explanation is all we were looking for then, that never really came out. We can all understand a mistake, just have to hope its just one. Not doubting their customer service one bit, it was excellent. If they say it was an accident and own up to it then I believe them.

Thanks Mike k3500 That is the way we try to do all of them as you saw. Some people must never do a mistake the way they put it. so we are human. mistakes can happens. we always to make everything right with the custmer. We hope everything is good for yall. have a great day Rickey

Glad I ended up here on a search, as I only remember the part of the story about the customer receiving an engine with rusty cylinders. Based on that, I had ruled out a purchase of a Ted's engine down the road. Now I read the resolution on this case and the fact that Ted's is now scoping the cylinders and faith is restored.

Back