• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TD makes a house call

Turbine Doc

Just Another Diesel Guy
Reaction score
Looking for some insight from anybody with a MT2500 snap on scanner,

I was working up in CT not too far from IAMDAVE0887's house, brought my IP wrenches and scanner to his house, we never could get the TDC offset display to change, but were were able to get the offset to learn past -2.02 to where it was coding, I/we worked it back until timing was advanced from where we started & not coding; but we don't know exactly where it wound up in setting, we had constant display of 0.0 or -.1.

Dave checked earlier this year with his schools tech 2 that showed +.7 offset, anybody tried to use a MT2500 on a 96 with a 96-98 MT2500 cartridge to know if it displays any offset, I already know on a 98 the reading is different from Tech 2 but I have a correlation table for that year, but don't know if Snap-on had TDC read capability for the 96 (1st year of OBD-II)

Last edited:
adult beverages will be out for me. not 21 yet (2 more months:prrr:) but i'll still join you all. lets set a time and a place shall we?

Last edited:
Now selling tickets for the TD world tour, bring your truck, bring your wings, and all go home smelling like diesel fuel together so wives don't wonder. ;)

Not older than everybody...

Richard Boone is Paladin, the original 'Man in Black'

HGWT19.jpg

Last edited:
Well getting proofed is long past for me. Sounds good. Which end of CT ? I'm by the racetrack. Didn't catch what year you were working on but I have GMTDscan.

Back