• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TCC Stall Speed?

Jamin6.5

Reaction score
I have two questions. First what is the stock stall speed on the 4L80e behind a 96 6.5? and second what is the best stall speed for the truck? From what I have learned/read the best stall speed is right before max torque. For the 6.5 that would me a stall of 1750 would be best? My truck seems to stall at around 1450-1500. That seems to low. I am eager to here what everyone has to say about this. thanks.

Stock stall should be around 1600-1800 IF you have enough power to push it up against it. I run a 1600 stall speed with my DURAMAX whereas stock was 2000-2100, and I LOVE IT! I know every engine is different, but diesels seem to light off faster if you have good torque multiplication down low to fully light the turbo off. The TRANSTAR single disc billet piston converter that many run with the 6.5's is a 1600-1700 stall I believe.

I recently got a Transtar billet piston torque converter I believe it's 1800rpm stall speed same as stock but ill confirm that with my mechanic

Price was right too, only $265

Back