• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

T-valve... Where is it exactly?

If it is still there, it should be connected to the fuel return line system, and bolted to the t-stat housing. I removed mine so yours might be gone...

Could be that the t-valve was set aside for thermostat work and never bolted back on the stud of the t-stat housing- just laying there somewhere.

The valve is in located in the lower left on this pic.

DSC01537.jpg

It is sort of on top of the tensioner bracket and t-stat housing attach to the left of the alternator when you are looking at the engine from the front.
It is yelling "open me" and looks like a "T", well, it is a small "t".

Does anyone have a part number for the T-valve. Mine's leaking a bit at the T and I think it's letting air into the system. Would like to replace it with the same part.

From FFM, there are 2 hoses out from it: 1 to the t-valve and 1 to the IP.

These hoses goes underneath the intake.
Chances are they are brittle and prone to leak.

They are 1/4" hose.

The outlet (other side) of the t-valve, the hose suppose to go to the bottom of the engine.
In my case, I pull the outlet hose up and replace that with a shorter hose that can be pointed towards a bottle or container when the t-valve is opened.

There is also 1 hoses going in to the FFM from the LP.
This one is 3/8" hose.

This assume that they are stock and not modified yet.

Ok, so it comes from the FFM towards the front of the engine to a T-valve, then goes to where? Is the hose on the other side of the T-valve just a drain?

Yep - the line that comes out of the side of the valve is an open hose... goes to a water drain.. if you hold up the open end and open the valve, you can drain out fuel. Water is pretty obvious, and drains out from the water trap in the FFM. That is where you can disconnect the hose and put a fuel pressure gauge on the nipple, and open the valve which lets you read fuel pressure. You can also put the drain hose into a container and measure fuel flow rate.

With a long enough hose you can run it up onto the windshield and electrical-tape it to a wiper so you can read fuel pressure while you're driving.

If you have any diesel fuel on the long hose or your fingers, clean them before using the electrical tape, or it will come loose and flap around in the 80 mph wind, beating the hell outta your truck.

Don't ask how I know this. The guy who did it is embarassed and won't acknowledge your questions.

Back